Value Stay Bruges
  • Restaurant
Hotel Egmond(Bruges)
NH Brugge(Bruges)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfridge and microwavefree parking and free wifibudget placerooms were clean and tidybus stopeasy accesseuros per nightwould stay againmotorwaycentrekeyaccommodationtelevision
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Rooms are basic but clean and perfectly adequate for a couple of nights stay. Hotel is currently undergoing improvement. Free wifi with good connection was an added bonus. The lady on reception was very friendly and extremely helpful with good advice about Bruges.
Reception is only open for limited hours in the morning and evening but you can also report problems via their website. We had a bulb not working, reported on the website and it had been replaced when we returned to the hotel.
Hotel is in good location for exploring Bruges. Buses
are frequent and cheap and run until 2am on fir and sat nights. Would recommend as a low cost option for visiting the area

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo277journeys
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Bit tricky to find using the satnav (it's on the main road at the roundabout). Arrived mid-afternoon but was not permitted to check-in until 4pm, which was a bit of a pain. To be fair, the new management were under considerable stress restoring rooms after the previous rowdy guests who had caused damage to the decor. The initial grumpy response from one of the staff was rude and abrupt to say the least, but later recovered by the lady on reception who was delightful despite the stresses in her day.
This place is clean, basic and absolutely fine for a first or last night on the continent but probably wouldn't be my choice for an extended stay. Our room was facing the road and pretty noisy as a result, and combined with no blind on the velux window made a good nights sleep difficult. It has seen better days but I get the impression the new team are aiming to make improvements.
The walk into the centre of town is a good 40 mins (we don't dawdle!), but busses are available.
In sum, a basic and clean place to crash out for a night, but for longer stays lacks charm.

Room Tip: Facing away from the main road!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Definitely a no-frills hotel, but decent value for money for Brugges. About a half hour walk/2-3 miles from the centre. Room was very clean if maybe a little worn. There was a little traffic noise from the main road when the window was open, so I'd definitely ask for a room facing inwards if I stayed again. Pretty good overall!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The company that manages this hotel are thieves. They claimed my credit card did not go through and when I redid my reservation they double book me and would not return my money. When I finally arrived at the hotel in which I had 2 rooms. There was no one to show me to my room , I practically had to beg the manager of the restaurant in the hotel, who claimed he had nothing to do with the hotel and charged me 1euro to call a number. After I finally got to my room, the room was hot and the A/C did not work and there was no one to call because there was no one in the reception. Don't stay in that hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The Value Stay although not in Bruges proper is a great place to stay - if you don't have car there is a bus stop right across the street that will take you into town. The lady working the reception couldn't be friendlier! She also has a great 'co worker' - JoJo the African Gray parrot. Clean quiet rooms. Nice friendly service at the bar which has an outside terrace. I highly recommend it for a great hotel that doesn't break the vacation budget.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends