“Wonderful Accomodations & Host”
Review of Huyze Hertsberge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Huyze Hertsberge
Ranked #148 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We stayed in the attic room it was very quiet and comfortable. Upon arrival we were greeted by Caroline the host who actually owns Huyze Hertsberge with her husband. There really is a dog that sits in the window we asked to meet him! Caroline suggested "must see things" and "great dining suggestions". For a wonderful place to stay in Bruges I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2010

When we arrived at the B&B Caroline was the perfect host. Nothing was too much trouble. From the moment we arrived we felt at home. Caroline gave us a map and book of restaurants with personal recommendations. The room with a view of the garden and canal was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and enjoyed in the garden by the canal. This beautiful house was the best B&B we have stayed in. We enjoyed our time so much our stay was not long enough and we were lucky to get accommodation booked to return in October. We would not stay anywhere else in Bruges. We met Caroline as a host of a luxury B&B but felt we left her as a friend. We cannot thank her enough for a perfect stay in Bruges.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trikeRomford_Essex
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The Huyze Hertsberge and Cote Canal, two 18th C homes artfully restored and tastefully decorated with lovely vignettes of period accessories, is run by a gracious Flemish couple who are very accommodating of their guests needs. One warning, however; if you can't do stairs, this is not the place for you! My room was on the second floor in the Huyze Hertsberge; the staircase was not as steep as that of the second home, Cote Canal. The views from my room overlooked the beautifully maintained garden which would have been the ideal breakfast spot had the weather not been unseasonably cool. The location, just north of the fish market, removes one from the crowds gathered at the Market Center, but less than a five minute walk from the center of the city. Breakfast, served from 8-10, included fresh-baked breads delivered that morning, delicious coffee, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, scrambled eggs, and cheeses and meats.
Caroline was kind enough to pack me a breakfast-to-go when I left at 7 am on the morning of my departure. The room was huge - 18 ft ceilings, a two room suite with a modern bath. They also make the living room and gardens available to the guests, and the hosts are as unobtrusive or available as needed. They supplied me with a city map and a book of restaurants, carefully notated with recommendations for local cuisine, good seafood, good value. Every meal at one of their recommendations was superb!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank ne1410stoday
Reviewed April 7, 2010

My girlfriend and I spent a wonderful two nights in the Empire Suite at the beginning of March. Caroline really is a fantastic hostess, being tirelessly helpful but without intruding or interfering.

Considering Bruges is an expensive city, the guesthouse is really great value. Our room was huge and decorated with exquisite taste, as is the rest of the house.

The breakfasts were delicious and benefit from the same attention to detail, love and care that Caroline pours into everything else in her home.

As a a tip, I would advise making reservations for restaurants before you arrive in Bruges and Caroline will happily help you with this if you email her

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jafLondon
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We were lucky, there was a cancel so we could get the new attic room. On arrival we received a warm welcome from the hostess Caroline.
A nice clean room in old style. Very nice to stay in this atmosphere. The delicious breakfast was excessive. This guesthouse is highly recommended because the location is very good because it is located in the old town.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2010

This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to right a review on this site but I felt the stay at Huyze Hertsbege diserved it.

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights over Valentines weekend. We immediately felt at home when we arrived. The owner Caroline was very nice and nothing was too much trouble. She was on hand if you needed taxi's booked or restaurant reservations made. Its clear she enjoys running the B&B and its a passion rather than a chore.

The room was clean and beautiful and the location was superb. Breakfast was nice with plenty of pastries and coffee.

The reason why I booked other than the reviews was because of the price. I really think you would struggle to find better value. Completely recommend for anyone wanting a nice relaxing stay in Bruges!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carter89
Reviewed December 29, 2009

This was our home away from home for the 2 nights and 3 days we spent in Bruges. We stayed in the attic room, which we loved. The room was very large and had all the little touches that made us feel welcome. The large wooden beams that can be seen in this room are immaculately preserved and give it an authentic and charming feel.

It was great to be able to see the canal from our room as well as the beautiful back garden. I particularly appreciated the bathrobes and slippers we received, as I would not normally expect this in a B&B. The living room and kitchen areas in the house are caringly and carefully decorated and truly make you feel at ease with the surroundings. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. You are served with all kinds of delicious, fresh bread, cheese and hams and much much more wholesome goodies.

I really feel this B&B is true to its roots and the city of Bruges and it would most certainly enhance your experience there. Last, but not least, Caroline was genuinely helpful from the get-go. She could recommend anything from chocolates and lace to restaurants and sights. Knowledgeable and caring, it was great spending time in her house and with her. She is the heart and soul of the place and long may it prosper.

I would not stay anywhere else in Bruges.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple