“Home away from home - fairy-tale-like setting, warm hospitality, amazing service!”

Guesthouse Bonifacius
Ranked #16 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 12, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in Bruges, look no further. You are literally steps away from the sights and feel like part of history in this unique building. The charming hospitality of the hostess makes you feel welcome from the first moment, with genuine concern that all of your needs are met. And the breakfast is a wonder in every regard: attractive to behold, delicious, and plentiful. Just one complaint – I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 7, 2012

The Bonifacius is an absolutely beautiful exclusive guesthouse in the heart of Brugge!! My partnering I have stayed here a few years back and were ever so impressed then, just as we were this time round. We have stayed in both the master suite and the Aubusson room sand they are both of excellent standard!! They are immaculately clean and the decor is lovely!! Lyn has been ever so warm and welcoming and she maintains a high standard of hospitality throughout! We Had one on one treatment and this was very exclusive! It has been a pleasure staying here and we look forward to coming back and enjoying a 3rd stay!
Michael and Steph from Kent

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Let me preface my review by saying that I once worked as a concierge at a Five Diamond resort. I have high expectations and would not rate a property as excellent unless I truly felt that it was just that. I now work as a travel agent, so it is important that my clients stay at the right property. If you are looking for an exclusive, romantic, fairytale experience---LOOK NO FURTHER! I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but this property exceeded my expectations and deserves my accolades. There are only three rooms at the Bonifacius. Each one is spacious, and comfortable. The owner has furnished each with wonderful antiques, fine bedding, and an upscale bathroom including jetted tub, and walk in shower. This little hideaway could not be in a more perfect location. The rooftop terrace affords romantic, private, and magical views of Bruges. Breakfast is bountiful and delicious. This is one of my most favorite hotel choices of all time, and will be my first recommendation to my clients visiting Bruges.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diana B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Bonifacius for two nights on our drive to London through Northern Europe. Bruges is an exceptional place to visit and I can't imagine a better place to stay in this romantic city. We were in the canal-side suite and swans came by to greet us every morning. The innkeeper's commitment to hospitality is evident in all the details of this bed & breakfast.

By every measure, Bonifacius was wonderful - from booking to the day we left. (We even had secure parking for our car, and parking is a premium in Bruges.)

Room Tip: Reserve the canal-side suite if at all possible. (There are only three rooms.)
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Bonifacius is a fantastically located, fairytale of a property with all the modern comforts (free wifi, a coffee-house worthy hot beverage station, whirlpool baths, etc...). There are only three rooms and it feels like staying in a private home. Guests have a tastefully decorated living room and a rooftop terrace (take a few beers up, the view is unbelievable) for their use. Breakfast (included) consists of an exotic fruit plate, hot pastries and meats & cheeses, followed by an egg dish. It will likely leave you with barely enough room for a waffle until dinner. Management is charming and eager to please but since it is a very small guesthouse, ask your questions and make any requests at breakfast as, most of the time, you'll likely have the place to yourself... : )

1  Thank jonnysants
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We have been to Bruges many times and on this occassion it was for my birthday weekend.

On booking the Bonifacius on line we gave our anticipated arrival time (traffic and channel tunnel permitting!) and were told to report to the Pand Hotel in the first instance as our hostess would not be available that evening. No problem, we have stayed at the Pand Hotel before and it's only a hundred yards from the underground car park we use (Panderitje - very convenient, safe, reasonably priced).

We arrived earlier than we thought and reported to the Pand. The Bonifacius is a sister establishment run by the same family and staff. The reception staff were very friendly giving us town maps and making recommendations and showing us round to the Bonifacius ( three hundred yards walk).

We were shown round the guest house facilities - free help yourself coffee / tea making in the breakfast room, a roof terrace with lovely views, how to use the shower and spa bath etc. Everything was better than it looks on the website and because it was stunning warm weather (for March) we went and sat on the roof terrace with a glass of wine and a beer (free from the mini bar).

We had said what time we would like breakfast and when we went down next morning it was all set up in the beautiful bay window in front of the fire with a view of swans gliding by. We had a fruit platter, breads, pastries, eggs to order, ham, cheese etc. all delicious.

Our hostess / owner Lyne was very helpful and friendly. She was always on hand to help and I suppose we could always have called in at the Pand as a back up with any problems.

We enjoyed Bruges (as always), eating out at Den Gouden Harynck - 5 steps across the street - and the Park Restaurant. Both highly recommended.

On Sunday we had to leave early(ish) for the long drive home. Lyne said we could stay longer in the day if we wished, as our room wasn't booked (the weather was beautiful again and we wished we could).

The guesthouse is in a stunning location (always lots of people on the bonifacius bridge taking photos of the property, it's so beautiful) and when the tourists have gone home it's quiet and picturesque with swans swimming by and the beautiful churches lit up.

Like a 5 star hotel but with the personal touch and olde worlde charm.

Room Tip: The Clair Obscure is spacious and looks over the canal with spa bath and separate shower
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We had a wonderful stay @ Bonifacius. The location is great, our room (with a view to the canal) very charming. The breakfast was perfect. We definitively recomend a stay in this place, despite the higher cost compared to other B&B's. It's a unique experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple