“Authentic Italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Small Italian restaurant,only 5 tables,every product Italian.Delicious food and extremely friendly owners.

1  Thank Anne B
There are newer reviews for Sud - Food of Italy

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

After we read the comments on tripadvisor we wanted to eat at this tiny restaurant. There is no menu, but that is because the very friendly owners want to maintain the freshness and quality of the food. We ordered only the main course, pasta with saucage and zucchini. It was really delicious, you can taste the freshness and quality. So if you would like to eat some real Italian food, this is the place!

1  Thank Rianne v
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have never written a review of a restaurant visit before but after visiting Sud I felt like I had to. Even though my wife and I visited Bruges 3 months ago, we still talk about how good the meals we ate there were. We were told about this place by a friendly B&B owner from Ypres, and were so impressed with the food that we visited again the next day. The owners told us that the ingredients were sourced from South Italy and they adapt their cooking to compliment what ever arrives. Not only is the food fresh and unique, it is visually stunning and more importantly cooked to perfection by a very, very talented chef. The delicious balance of flavours, textures and colours really sticks in our minds. It also worth mentioning how friendly, informative and welcoming the owners of this deli are. We felt comfortable to take our time, enjoy our food and a glass of wine in a relaxing environment. It felt like the owners had put a lot of their own personality into their business and I'm sure they will be hugely successful because of it. We will be visiting again in the autumn for sure, having lunch there every day!

1  Thank Damion MO M
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Until recently there was only one entry on my 'complaint list' regarding my home town Bruges : there wasn't half a proper Italian restaurant to be found.
SUD made me to drop this remark at once. Their sublime simple dishes in which taste and honesty come first are beyond category. Tornerò più spesso possibile.

1  Thank An O
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have visited Italian restaurants in many countries in Europe and this is probably the best. The food is so fresh, tasty and genuine. They have only two courses in the daily menu that changes every day. But you can safely go whenever you will and be sure to get always the most delicious Italian food. It is not the cheapest place but worth every penny.

1  Thank Juhani S