“Park hotel Bruges”
Review of Park Hotel Brugge

Park Hotel Brugge
Ranked #89 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is in a good location it is very clean the public areas ie the dining room lobby & bar are very nice but the rooms are a little shabby or at least the one we had was room 330, there is a bath & a shower but no shower screen or curtain so you could not have a shower so if you have trouble getting in or out the bath it's not good , the meals were quite nice breakfast was continental ie cold meats cheese bread rolls & pastries there was a toaster & boiled eggs so you could find something to suit there was also a selection of cereals ,there are no tea & coffee making facilities in the room there is a hair drier in the bathroom the maids come in daily I would stay here again if I went back to Bruges oh and we found the staff to be on the miserable side but fairly helpful

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cglynis
There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Brugge

Reviewed August 13, 2013

First stop on our Euro-tour I didn't plan to visit Brugge but it looked too good to pass up.

This hotel is clean classes and the staff we're helpful and polite.
Park hotel is very well located on looking the square and fountain with secure underground parking (A must with My car and ground clearance was okay)
A brilliant nights sleep and I am not one for breakfast but so glad I went to check it out anyway, good feed before heading off, if I had more time I would have stayed more nights for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Benny46drift
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Spent three nights here with 50 friends who were all traveling together, doing a CHOIR TOUR in Brugges and surrounding area. ,at the end of July 2013
The rooms are clean , and the fridge was working well. The air conditioning worked too, just as well as it was roasting hot . There was no fan in the bathroom, which was very small.
The rooms are a bit"tired and dated " however I was pleasantly surprised as trip advisor previous comments were not too great . The dining room was bright and area, the breakfast was excellent , and the dining room was spotless
Eating out is quite expensive here .The pub next door is about half the price of the hotel bar . The location is excellent , right in the heart of things, with a lovely market outside the front door on Saturday mornings .

Room Tip: Higher rooms at front are best 4th floor gives good views on to the market square Take your own ha...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Crocusgrove
Reviewed July 24, 2013

A hotel well past it's prime and in a need of a brush-up but on the surface all right.

Unfortunately our room (220) was absolutely infested with fleas and/or bed lice. Not an enormous deal, it can happen to anyone.

The real problem was how our complaints was meet. Firstly we were accused of bringing them in, then we had to spend an age waiting for something to happen and somebody to make a decision. We ended up having to drive 45 km in the middle of the night and having our stay more or less ruined.

However, it got worse. We got flagged as "no show" and asked to pay for our stay, something that was easily fixed but a nuisance. All complaints were met with "we didn't charge you for your room you never used and we gave you a bottle of bubbly, that should be compensation enough". Not becoming at all.

In other words, a hotel that could be all right if it wasn't so poorly run. Don't go if you can choose another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gimnicc
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here on the second night of our charity cycle to Brussels. At first glance it looks like a quaint old style hotel, but then you realise it is just old and needs a good refurb. No shower curtain made for interesting times! The rooms were a nice size however. Unfortunately the attitude of the waiting staff and the uninspired, bland food let this hotel down. Glad to be staying for just one night. Brugge is a beautiful city and the location of this hotel was the best thing about it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank breadsauce
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am astonished to read other travellers experiences at this hotel having just returned from a 2 night stay. The room was large with two double very comfortable beds on the first floor. the bathroom was spotlessly clean with plenty of towels. The shower needed knowing as if put on at full blast could spray the floor with water. The décor was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was good, perhaps could have done with a little more fresh fruit, but an excellent array of cold meats , cheeses, boiled eggs, pastries etc. I found the staff very pleasant. I heard no traffic noise, perhaps room 120 is the one to ask for as we looked out onto a rooftop with occasional planters and shrubs. I found it to be well located for seeing this historic city.

Room Tip: Our stay on the first floor was excellent
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jebcwmdu
Reviewed May 14, 2013

First let me say this one good thing. The room was clean and large, and looked as I expected from their website. Now for what happened to my friend and I. When we checked in late in the afternoon, our room was VERY HOT . The two wall box-type heaters were ON and blowing HOT air. I tried to understand the wall thermostat, but to no avail. So I called the front desk where a woman told me she would lower the heat from the front desk. We could not sleep with window open due to loud street noise. Two hours later we were sweating in our sagging hammock-like beds. At midnight, I called the front desk again. This time I talked with the only onsite employee. He also said he would put our room on Cool from the front desk controls. He promised we would feel much cooler air in 15 minutes. Another hour later, I dressed and went downstairs to talk with him in person. (Yes, he spoke English). From that moment on things unraveled. The clerk was extremely rude, yelling at me, telling me to move out of the hotel (which we did not at that time of night). I continued to tell him we could not sleep it such a oppressively hot room. Ten minutes moreof his ranting, heFINALLY relented and switched our room to AC. Immediately we could feel the difference, and slept the rest of the night (what was left of it) under down comforters. In the AM I asked to speak with the manager. I was told he would not be in until afternoon. In Afternoon, was told he was there in the AM. Can no one in the hotel tell the truth??? Traveler, Just stay away! I the staff acts this way in regard to my problem, they will be same way whatever your problen could be. It is not conveniently located to the city center where the Belfry and Cathedral, restaurants, market square are located. There are soooo many better places to stay while enjoying this enchanting town. Shame on Parkhotel.

Room Tip: Consult Rick Steves' suggestions in any of his books on Belgium. He never leads you wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends