“Brugge Long Weekend” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hotel Brugge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Park Hotel Brugge
Ranked #87 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Brugge Long Weekend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Spent three nights here with 50 friends who were all traveling together, doing a CHOIR TOUR in Brugges and surrounding area. ,at the end of July 2013
The rooms are clean , and the fridge was working well. The air conditioning worked too, just as well as it was roasting hot . There was no fan in the bathroom, which was very small.
The rooms are a bit"tired and dated " however I was pleasantly surprised as trip advisor previous comments were not too great . The dining room was bright and area, the breakfast was excellent , and the dining room was spotless
Eating out is quite expensive here .The pub next door is about half the price of the hotel bar . The location is excellent , right in the heart of things, with a lovely market outside the front door on Saturday mornings .

Room Tip: Higher rooms at front are best 4th floor gives good views on to the market square Take your own ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Crocusgrove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

A hotel well past it's prime and in a need of a brush-up but on the surface all right.

Unfortunately our room (220) was absolutely infested with fleas and/or bed lice. Not an enormous deal, it can happen to anyone.

The real problem was how our complaints was meet. Firstly we were accused of bringing them in, then we had to spend an age waiting for something to happen and somebody to make a decision. We ended up having to drive 45 km in the middle of the night and having our stay more or less ruined.

However, it got worse. We got flagged as "no show" and asked to pay for our stay, something that was easily fixed but a nuisance. All complaints were met with "we didn't charge you for your room you never used and we gave you a bottle of bubbly, that should be compensation enough". Not becoming at all.

In other words, a hotel that could be all right if it wasn't so poorly run. Don't go if you can choose another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gimnicc

Travelers are raving about these Bruges hotels

essex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here on the second night of our charity cycle to Brussels. At first glance it looks like a quaint old style hotel, but then you realise it is just old and needs a good refurb. No shower curtain made for interesting times! The rooms were a nice size however. Unfortunately the attitude of the waiting staff and the uninspired, bland food let this hotel down. Glad to be staying for just one night. Brugge is a beautiful city and the location of this hotel was the best thing about it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank breadsauce
Crickhowell, Powys
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am astonished to read other travellers experiences at this hotel having just returned from a 2 night stay. The room was large with two double very comfortable beds on the first floor. the bathroom was spotlessly clean with plenty of towels. The shower needed knowing as if put on at full blast could spray the floor with water. The décor was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was good, perhaps could have done with a little more fresh fruit, but an excellent array of cold meats , cheeses, boiled eggs, pastries etc. I found the staff very pleasant. I heard no traffic noise, perhaps room 120 is the one to ask for as we looked out onto a rooftop with occasional planters and shrubs. I found it to be well located for seeing this historic city.

Room Tip: Our stay on the first floor was excellent
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jebcwmdu
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

First let me say this one good thing. The room was clean and large, and looked as I expected from their website. Now for what happened to my friend and I. When we checked in late in the afternoon, our room was VERY HOT . The two wall box-type heaters were ON and blowing HOT air. I tried to understand the wall thermostat, but to no avail. So I called the front desk where a woman told me she would lower the heat from the front desk. We could not sleep with window open due to loud street noise. Two hours later we were sweating in our sagging hammock-like beds. At midnight, I called the front desk again. This time I talked with the only onsite employee. He also said he would put our room on Cool from the front desk controls. He promised we would feel much cooler air in 15 minutes. Another hour later, I dressed and went downstairs to talk with him in person. (Yes, he spoke English). From that moment on things unraveled. The clerk was extremely rude, yelling at me, telling me to move out of the hotel (which we did not at that time of night). I continued to tell him we could not sleep it such a oppressively hot room. Ten minutes moreof his ranting, heFINALLY relented and switched our room to AC. Immediately we could feel the difference, and slept the rest of the night (what was left of it) under down comforters. In the AM I asked to speak with the manager. I was told he would not be in until afternoon. In Afternoon, was told he was there in the AM. Can no one in the hotel tell the truth??? Traveler, Just stay away! I the staff acts this way in regard to my problem, they will be same way whatever your problen could be. It is not conveniently located to the city center where the Belfry and Cathedral, restaurants, market square are located. There are soooo many better places to stay while enjoying this enchanting town. Shame on Parkhotel.

Room Tip: Consult Rick Steves' suggestions in any of his books on Belgium. He never leads you wrong.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank birdsongmiss
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have just returned from this hotel on a Shearings coach holiday break for 4 nights. Never again would I recommend nor stay at this hotel. Upon arrival the woman on reception was very abrupt not even looking at you as she handed us our key and waved us away in a direction that wasn't clear. Our room 232 was on 2nd floor and was the noisiest room due to its location. We were at the side of the hotel on a very busy road and traffic noise was horrendous. I took my mother along for a short break and we had a twin room. Never have I seen so much carpet in one room, it was brown and half way up the walls and all over the door. Our room was dark and although the bathroom was functional and clean the blanket and top cover on both beds look like they had not been washed. Towels in the bathroom were pure white however and surfaces looked clean. In general the room was oppressive. It has been unfortunate that both myself and my mother had stomach bugs whilst staying at the hotel and I must stress this was not due to the hotel as most other guests were ok. Reception staff were abrupt when you needed to ask for anything and the restaurant staff were equally so to the point of being rude. One morning I asked if some dried bread could be brought up to our room due to us being poorly and not wanting to take our ills into the breakfast room and I got told that it would be 14 euros per person to have breakfast in the room. I only wanted a couple of slices of dried bread. In the end I had to go down to get it and still they wouldn't allow me to take it away despite being ill. This hotel is the most unfriendly and uncaring hotel and its clear to see they don't care about their guests only the money they are making. This is not a 4 star hotel and only just meets a 3 star standard. Evening meals here are small but the quality of food was ok. There are so many good hotels in Brugge and its a great shame that Shearings use this one. Its not in a peaceful part of Brugge but on a main busy square on the outskirts. I will never return to this hotel again and I would certainly never recommend it!!

Room Tip: Avoid room 232 and ask for a room at the back of to hotel if you want a good nights sleep
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Leeca69
Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

There's lots that's good about this hotel. It is extremely central and easy to get to either the Station or Grote Markt. It's clean, and has several lifts, and the staff are professional and mildly friendly. I enjoyed my stay there, but avoid rooms 339 and 338. We were two singles on a Shearings trip at end-April 2013. We both paid over £100 single supplement, so we were disappointed when my friend was given a single bedded room. Surely, if you pay such a large single supplement, you should expect a double bed, even if the room is a small one. Her room had a shower and was otherwise (apart from the single bed) fine. I had a rather strangely configured double-bedded room and was grateful for that. The room appeared to be two small rooms changed into one, so that the desk area with the TV set was in a different area from the bed, and meant you could not see the TV from the bed. In addition, the bathroom had the smallest bath I have ever seen, and the hotel would be better to remove it and put in a lovely large shower space. The small bath would have been OK except that the shower mechanism didn't work. I mentioned this to Reception at the start of my trip, but nothing was done. Also, the bath plug (the type you push from the tap) didn't work, so it was quite difficult to pull out the plug to empty the water. Washing hair and having a full soak in this bath was a bit scary as legs had to go onto the end of the bath whilst head was under water. I shiver about it as I write this. I should, really have asked for another room, and would urge the hotel to change to just a shower. Housekeeping would obviously have known about it, so why was anyone given that room?

I would be happy to travel on this Shearings trip again, and if that meant staying in this hotel, I would. Otherwise there are plenty of hotels in Bruges, so if travelling independently, I would not have this on my list unless it was in a better room. Incidentally, the hotel provides two dinners and one lunch on our Shearings trip (I don't think the public get this in general), and the food was good and hearty ("Blanquette de veau"; a roast pork dish; a salmon dish, and there were other choices of starter, mains, desert, then with coffee or tea after). A glass of wine was 3.50 euro. Breakfasts were cereals, cold meats, cheeses, hard-boiled eggs, tea (or coffee from a machine), various breads, croissants, danish pastries. Nothing wrong with breakfast, typically European. Take a kettle for your tea in your room, as no tray is supplied. (The last hotel I visited in Bruges in Nov 2012, the Anselmus, provided a tea tray if you asked for it). There is a free safe, and fridge. I had enough wardrobe space. for the 5 days. The furnishings are dark (this is the Belgian taste, I think?). The fair was in town, and we quite enjoyed it for the fascination of people watching. Our rooms faced away from t'Zand Square and we were able to sleep with windows closed, so don't know how long it went on for. There was some noise from corridors with people saying "Goodbye, see you tomorrow" etc. Wish people would be quieter in corridors, you can always hear what's going on, even when people are just talking normally. We were both woken up by this. Rooms have black-out curtains, so room is very dark if you want it. The bathroom has a clever little night-light which never goes off, thus your eyes are not blinded by bright lights in the middle of the night. There is a good quality hair drier, and a shaving mirror with great magnification (had a worrying look at my wrinkles). The bed linen was clean, and I found the bed comfortable. So not everything was bad, but they should have called in a plumber for the shower before they put in guests.

Room Tip: Avoid 338 (a single); and 339 for the tiny, tiny bath (measures about 93cms; 36 inches!); and strang...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends