Park Hotel Brugge
$216
$219
$191
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeds were comfortablethe main shopping streetchristmas marketbreadgood sizeroom was largebuffet breakfastcentre of townsquarekettlecheeseeuropemap
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Only a few things I found wrong with this place. 1 there is no double beds just a couple of singles pushed together, I'm not sure if this is a European thing or not.
2. There is no proper shower, there is a shower head but its fixxed to the centre of the bath at knee height, again European thing??
There was one other thing but I can't remember so it couldn't of been that bad.
Good things tho, drinks are reasonably priced at the bar, continental breakfast is good, staff are fantastic and the location is very good walk out the door nearly onto the main square. All in all 8/10. Oh and Don't listen to the negative reviews these people.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Liam2486
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Most likely this hotel is expensive due to its location. I would rate it 2 stars. Very basic in every respect but not unclean. Staff pleasant. Breakfast was poor. Twin beds pushed together do not make a double!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The best thing about this hotel was the location, very convenient for all the sights and the main square and shopping areas. Overall the hotel was very dark and drab, decor is very 70's, bedrooms were adequate, although why they would expect adult women to share double beds is astonishing! we expected single beds. When we complained about this, the man at reception was not very helpful(actually quite grumpy!) but eventually found another room for us. Bathroom had no shower curtain and water went all over the floor.
Breakfast was limited, with boring choice and staff not particularly friendly.
Definitely not 4 star standard overall.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank FionnualaS186605
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed (a party of 34 women) for 2 nights 23rd-25th November, I was a bit dubious as I had arranged the trip and read the reviews just before going and they were very scathing about the Park Hotel. We found the staff very helpful, the rooms were clean and we all said they were the most comfortable beds in any hotel we had stayed in in the past 7 years.This is an annual trip and we consider the Park Hotel worthy of better reviews than they get. The breakfast was good and plentiful, continentals don't do hot breakfasts! The only fly in the ointment was in the bathrooms there are no shower curtains or shower doors and the shower is fixed over the middle part of the bath but the water was HOT which was great. We went out for a drink but had one in the bar on our return and there was no problem we all had our requested drinks. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Luisa J
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I saw the reviews before I made my reservation so I knew the hotel was overpriced, but I needed a place at the last minute and they had rooms. I requested a room on an upper floor, far from the elevator. I got the room closest to the elevator on the first floor and was told I could not get another. I waited several minutes at reception before someone arrived, and when she did she was harried and distracted. Only as I was about to leave did she ask for my credit card. The room is clean and very large, though street noise is clearly audible. Beware: they reserve the right to cancel your reservation, and charge you the full amount, if you show up after 6:30 pm. I wish I'd tried harder to find a room elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business