“An excellent B & B!!”

Ranked #101 of 230 Bruges B&B and Inns
Sao Jose dos Campos
“An excellent B & B!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I stayed in this B & B after reading some reviews and it was great!
The house is spacious, the bedroom and bathroom are very clean. Andre and his wife , the owners, are very nice and helped us a lot with the plans in Bruges.
The house is very well decorated and comfortable. The breakfast is delicious: juice, hot chocolate, croissants, home-made jams.... very good!!
The house is not in the city centre but it is very close to. As I was traveling by car, I used to park the car in front of the house (free parking). To go to the city center, I let the car parked in a public parking lot (free) close to the entrance of the city center and it was very easy!

I do not have anything negative to say. It was a very nice stay!

• Liked — The spacious house
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2008

We booked Andre's B and B via email with Andre.
We gave Andre our train arrival times and he picked us up from the station and drove us to the B and B. It is located 3km out of the town centre and is a pleasant walk or very fast bus ride.
The rooms were very tidy and homely and there was also a shared loungeroom.
The breakfast was wonderful and was ready at the time we requested.
We highly recommend anyone to stay at this B and B and we would definately stay there again!

• Liked — The fantastic service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed November 20, 2007

We found Andre's B and B thru Tripadvisor, and booked 2 nights. It was
a FANTASTIC stay. Andre picked us up at the train station, helped us with the bus into town, room was very nice, breakfast was excellent (my husband loved the hot chocolate). It is a bit out of the "city" but that was perfect for us. We enjoyed the walk into town, it burned off the calories from all the chocolate, fries, and beer we consumed.

Andres's is the only place I will ever stay in Brugge! It was a great value, and a nice stay with interesting people.

• Liked — Great owners, fantastic breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 10, 2006

I stayed at Andre's B & B during a solo trip. I couldn't have picked a safer, cleaner, prettier and more wonderful property to stay at while in Bruges. First off, Andre was very active in helping me find my way from the Ryanair airport to the train, which then took me to Bruges. He picked me up from the train station - so it was great to have a welcome after a weary day of travel in a new country.

Once at the B & B, he provided me with several tips and guides on where to go and what to visit while in Bruges. He drove me to the city center on my first morning of exploring, I then later learned how to use the bus to the city center (super easy!) for the remainder of my 3-night stay.

This B & B only has a few rooms so it is very intimate. Andre lives nearby so he doesn't spend all his time at the B & B, rather he gives you the keys to the front door, plus to your room. So you feel ike a very pampered house guest and are given access to anything in the kitchen, living room, etc. He was just a mere phone call away.

The breakfast that he prepares every morning is loaded with delicious options (including jams made by his wife) and great conversation with him and the few other guests.

The house is located in a residential neighborhood, just a few blocks from a main street with businesses. This is also where you can catch a bus to the center. So no worries for those who are concerned that this is too far from the center - because it isn't!

The rooms and bathroom are impeccably clean and adorably decorated. You have a sink in your room. My bedroom was so cozy and beautiful, if I weren't in a different country, I would have been content to stay in my bedroom and relax the days away. Rather I took the time to explore all that Bruges had to offer.

I would definitely recommend Andre's for your visit to Bruges!

Stayed September 2003
3 Thank JunviOla
Birmingham
Reviewed November 27, 2005

Spent an excellent weekend at this B+B. The owner was most accommodating and really put himself out to wait up for our arrival after 3am! Lovely house, very homely and a nice continental breakfast too. Would recommend this to anyone but especially familles. Good sized, nicely decorated rooms. Easy access to city centre via bus. Excellent value for money

• Stayed November 2005