Sint Niklaas B & B
  • Pool
$219
$191
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoval roombell towerquiet streetthe main squarebreadhome away from homeeggs cooked to your likingcharming ownerduplex suitefuture guestsbottled wateryogurtbreakfast was deliciousrented bikestrain stationmemorable staysalami
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were warmly welcomed into Anne's home, which is perfectly located in the centre of Brugge just a 2 minute walk from the 'Markt'. Our room was fantastic (oval room) with the most comfertable bed and a beautiful bathroom.
Breakfast was served in the dining/living room, a very pleasant ambiance and dito music.
Fresh orange juice, yoghurts, pastries, eggs and fresh fruit, absolutely lovely!
Anne gave us a map and booklet so we could find our way around this beautiful city, she even made reservations for us at a realy nice restaurant :)
Thank you Anne!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolinevk
annastnik, Owner at Sint Niklaas B & B, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you so much! You are very welcome.
Anne

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a weekend stay here in the last weekend in June.
We were met by Anne who was lovely, very polite and speaks english very well. We had the oval room at the top of the house, this room is split level with a bathroom and little buro on the downstairs bit. Then up stairs to the bedroom. The bed is very comfortable and the shower is great. There is a kettle with tea and coffee in the room, a flat screen TV with BBC available. There is great views of the bell tower in the main square.
The location is great and is pretty much slap bang in the centre of Brugge. The breakfast is very nice, we had a varied choice continental style breads, cheeses and jams with coffee. We have just booked to go back again in August, looking forward to it!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Tracy K
annastnik, Owner at Sint Niklaas B & B, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

many thanks for your very enthousiastic visit and review! Warm regards,
Anne

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was my second time staying with Anne at Sint Niklaas B&B.
Once again it was not disappointing, it's the only place I would stay in Brugge.

The location of the B&B is fantastic. So close to the central market, but just hidden away enough that you don't realize how busy it is a few hundred meters away. It's within walking distance of everything, and you'll appreciate that once you start walking around the city.

Anne has always had wonderful suggestions for places to eat, and things to see.

The breakfast is always exceptional, and a great opportunity to chat with the other guests staying at the B&B.

The rooms are very comfortable and quiet. I've stayed in both the Belfort Room and the Oval Room. The Belfort Room requires climbing a few extra stairs, but the views are worth it. The Oval Room has an air of romance to it...so you can't go wrong either way.

If you're driving into the city keep in mind that parking is always a challenge, but Anne has her secret spots and they are very close to the B&B.

It'll be great to return her again sometime soon.

Room Tip: If you're not crazy about stairs, request the Oval Room as it's on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for this review, Jim, and Always welcome again! Anne

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My friends and I spent Easter weekend in this lovely bed and breakfast and I honestly loved it so much that I feel like I want to force other friends and family to visit Bruges just so they can experience Anne's wonderful hospitality!!

The house is centrally located, metres from the main square and tastefully decorated with pictures and fresh flowers. There are plenty of maps and guide books to help you find your way around and Anne was very helpful and informative whenever we had questions.

I stayed in the Belfort room which was lovely. It is on two floors so has plenty of space and in my opinion the best views of the cathedral and Belfort. The other rooms are very pretty too. My room was spotless - even in the corners under the rafters - I don't know how Anne gets it so clean!! It contained everything I could have needed and generous extras such as bottled water and a little bowl of sweets. The bed was so comfy that I wished I'd pencilled in extra time for napping!

Breakfast was delicious. Anne made tea, coffee and chocolate to accommodate our various preferences and eggs were cooked on request. In addition, there was cooked meats and cheese, a selection of bread and pastries, jams and marmalades, fresh fruit and juice. On Easter Sunday, we descended to find chocolate eggs decorating our plates. A welcome touch when spending a holiday away from home.

If I were to return to Bruges, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. This wonderful b&b is perfect and I heartily recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sorellina
annastnik, Owner at Sint Niklaas B & B, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you so much for this very kind reveiw! Hope to may welcomig you maybe one day again?

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This B&B is beautiful inside & out. Owner Anne very hospitable and friendly and had lots of great advice and tips on Brugge.
Prime location steps from Market Square. Quiet nights. Church bells stop after 9pm. We stayed on the upper floor with a very comfy bed. Travel light as you need to walk up 4 flights with your luggage.
Some tweaks for weary travellers like flat services for luggage (folding luggage racks for upper floor perhaps?) and more area in bathroom for toiletries. Kettle in room had to be put on floor to plug in for use. Sidetable could use a drawer and side reading lights not efficient.
Bathroom is on lower level from the bed so make sure you're comfortable with this at night if your need to use it.
Breakfast is tasty but European style- meat, cheese, pastry, fruit, warm egg, tea or coffee.

Room Tip: Top floor is 2 levels. Great views. Remember there are no elevators so if you can't do stairs this isn't a good choice. Shower only. Bathroom on different floor than bed (if this matters to you - it was fine for us) Other rooms equally nice
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EUCANADIANS
annastnik, Owner at Sint Niklaas B & B, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Many thanks for your visit, and for these interesting comments.
Just as we informed you about the stairs in this room, we always inform people who would like to book this room about it so that they know what they will get.