Hotel Het Gheestelic Hof
Ibis Brugge Centrum(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$109
ibis
$182
$164
  • Pool
Hotel Biskajer Adults Only(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Bar/Lounge
Novotel Brugge Centrum(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$133
$212
$200
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationfree tea and coffeethe ground floormini barroom was cleangood sized bathroomwalking distance to everythingstar hotelold citychecking insteep stairsweekend breakminute walk from the train stationexcellent breakfastwonderful cityperfect hotelfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I took my partner to this hotel as his christmas present over new years, it took us about an hour and a half to find the hotel as it's not an 'obvious' one to see, so eventually we got a taxi. That was mainly our fault for not printing better directions or asking someone sooner! It's in the perfect location (with the cathedral next to it and the neighbour being the bishop!). The hotel is not a 5* luxurious place, but for a city break of 2/3 days it is absolutely perfect! We had a small bedroom which is extremely small but cosy and perfect for two people. We had no problems there, comfiest bed i've ever slept in with pillows that your head just melt in! The only small issue was the bathroom got a bit damp and that made it smell a little bit but overall it was clean and pleasant. If your thinking of a short trip away that your only thinking of sleeping at the hotel, and getting ready in the morning/evening (has all the facilities in bathroom) then its the perfect place to say and great value for money!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was worried by some of the poorer reviews but very pleased with my stay. High end of average but very good value for money. Room was very small but with a good sized bathroom. iPod docking station came in handy. Excellent breakfast with variety of cold meats, cheese, breads, cereals and cooked breakfast. Excellent location. If you're looking for a cheap, clean and comfortable base for visiting Bruges for a couple of nights I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel is smack bang in the center of Bruges old town. It was clean and the double bed was very comfortable. The building it rather old (like the town it belongs too) and I found it to be very interesting although the rooms have been renovated. My room included had a flat screen TV and a mini fridge.

I enjoyed the breakfast which offered sliced bread, croissants, bagels, cold meats, yoghurt, fruit salad, juice and fresh coffee/tea.

The staff were friendly. The front desk was empty most of the time, but the hotel was shared with another joint hotel/restaurant across the road (so never too far away). I think is was good value for money and would stay there again, simply for the awesome location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AussiesThatGetAround
Reviewed July 6, 2012

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF QUALITY SERVICE IS IMPORTANT TO YOU. I travel frequently for business, and stay at many different hotels around the world. The rooms themselves have recently been refurbished, making them clean and comfortable, except for room 115. Upon entering my room, I noticed a very strong sulfur odour. Simply thinking the room hadn't been aired for a few days, I opened the windows. The smell did not go away at all. When I mentioned this to the hotel staff (family run hotel, where son and daughter are manning the reception and cuisine) she simply gave me some air freshener as they could not put me in a different room as the hotel was fully booked. After a very unproductive exchange with the daughter, the son and the mom, I just decided to check out early to avoid having to spend another night in a hotel where they simply don't care about their customers. Not once was I provided with any kind of option or solution beside the bathroom type air freshener.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank T L
gheestelichof, reception at Hotel Het Gheestelic Hof, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

This hotel has new owners ( 2015)

Reviewed April 1, 2012

DON'T STAY IN THIS HOTEL IF YOU WANT A TWIN ROOM!!! I have just returned from a short break to Bruges and stayed in this hotel. I went with my mum who is in her sixties, and chose this hotel as it was advertising twin rooms with single beds on the Eurostar website. We even paid a supplement to ensure a good room. On arrival we were escorted to a room with a double bed. We informed the hotel employee that there was a mistake and showed him our booking confirmation. He was not interested and informed us that the hotel had been renovated and only had rooms with double beds. He told us that guests didn't want rooms with twin beds anymore! There was no manager available to talk to, and the hotel appears to be looked after by the staff from the nearby 4 star Hotel Castillion. The Het Gheestelic Hof Hotel does not have a manned reception, which makes complaining to someone very difficult. We even tried to get a twin room at the more expensive Hotel Castillion but was told that they had been booked up, so we reluctantly has to stay where we were. On a positive note, the hotel is in the centre of Bruges, close to a lot of sights and in a quiet location. I wouldn't stay there again though, because of the attitude of some of the staff.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly about what rooms they actually have available.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle W
gheestelichof, R at Hotel Het Gheestelic Hof, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

This hotel has new owners ( 2015 June)