“Bruges never fails to deliver”
Review of Maraboe Hotel

Maraboe Hotel
Ranked #48 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed August 8, 2012

A lovely hotel near to the centre of beautiful bruges
Small gym to keep those health fanatics like me happy, but also a nice relaxed atmosphere
The rooms are clean and comfortable, although there are no tea making facilities in the room which I guess is an English thing

I would certainly stay again here whether for business or a romantic get away

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Russell E

Reviewed June 24, 2012

- Great location, maximum 10 min walk to everything you want to see or do in Bruges. The best on Saturday when everybody is selling stuff on the market square.
- They have a good secure car park, although it costs 10 euro per day
- Breakfast is very good, everything is fresh ( bread, meat, cheese, milk etc.. ). They have very small dogs running on the floor in the kitchen however it wasn't a problem for us. The food was spot on
- Staff are polite and they all speak English, Flemish and German (like everyone in bruges)
- We stayed in room 19. Three of us inside had enough room for everything. Very modern as well. Nice surprise :)
The toilet was very spacious. But on the minus side we didn't have a welcome pack(water and anything to eat..) and the pillows were a bit too small. The room was above the car park so we heard people and cars whenever the window was open. With the closed window it wasn't too bad.
- The gym is free and its great. Lots of good stuff in old spacious wine cellar. Its free and its a must to use it.
- The actual hotel looks way much better than the photos you can find on trip advisor.
- They have a lift

Would I stay there again ? Yes
Would I recommend it to my friends ? Yes

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the car park - street and you will be happy ;]
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wolciu
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Clean, friendly staff, ideally located for the centre of Brugge and very reasonably priced. Garage at the rear to boot!

Breakfast was lovely.

What more can I say

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Our first visit was in 2009, Owners and staff very friendly, helpful and nothings too much trouble, comfortable and clean rooms.Dining room is lovely and plenty to eat at breakfast. We came back again with our son, then again with our son and a friend. We have been 6 or 7 times in all, even bringing my mother and aunt who loved it too, We will be back again soon.
Mr and Mrs Samuels

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank karen s
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Excellent, comfortable hotel. Well located. Only 5 minute walk to shops and restaurants. Staff ery friendly. Would advise reserving a car park space as parking nearby is very very limited.

Continental breakfast but plenty of it.

Lovely comfy leather sofa s on our landing and a computer!! Kept my daughter occupied for a while!!

Nice and clean. Shower in our bathroom was huge!!

We intend to return next year

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tatchie
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I booked Maraboe through booking.com and got a very reasonable rate for two-nights stay.

The hotel is near a square(T-zand) with lots of places to eat and drink.

The hotel itself was nice and comfortable. We stayed in a room towards the back of the hotel which was nice and quite. The room was spacious and clean.

It's a little rough round some of the edges (cracked tiles in the bathroom for example and dodgy paint work in the bedroom) but it's very clean and that's what is important to me.

The breafast was fairly basic - continental buffet - but it was satsifactory.

If you are eating out I'd thoroughly recommend The Habit restaurant and ask for the flemish stew! You should also try the belgium waffles and chocolate which you can get in a lot of cafes in the town centre. I'd also visit the Dumon chocolate shop too.

The pubs on the main square in the centre of town are really quite expensive - I think it was about 6 euros for a large beer and about 20 euros for a main meal.

Overall, I was really impressed with Bruges and I'd recommend Maraboe for couples looking for a comfortable short stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We came here on a very busy weekend (Ascension Day) so the price was not cheap, but I think hotels in Bruges tend to be in the expensive side, and this hotel was more affordable for us. The hotel was just a short stroll away from the main center. They had a fun park open at the square only 50m away, and it was a great way to keep my 3 year old daughter happy after a day of sightseeing. Not sure how long this amusement park will be there though.
The rooms were clean but dark. The bathroom was ok sized and clean, which is what most matters to me. The breakfast was standard (cereal, yogurt, breads, cheeses, hams, etc).
We came pretty early, and the lady at the reception kept our bags for us and made sure our room was ready earlier than others because we explained that we had been up since 4am and my daughter was tired and ready for a nap. I found the ladies pretty nice, They were always smiling and ready to help.
This is no luxury hotel, but it is cozy, people are friendly, the rooms are clean, and has a good location.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family