“Not a luxury hotel, but...”
Review of Maraboe Hotel

Maraboe Hotel
Ranked #52 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We came here on a very busy weekend (Ascension Day) so the price was not cheap, but I think hotels in Bruges tend to be in the expensive side, and this hotel was more affordable for us. The hotel was just a short stroll away from the main center. They had a fun park open at the square only 50m away, and it was a great way to keep my 3 year old daughter happy after a day of sightseeing. Not sure how long this amusement park will be there though.
The rooms were clean but dark. The bathroom was ok sized and clean, which is what most matters to me. The breakfast was standard (cereal, yogurt, breads, cheeses, hams, etc).
We came pretty early, and the lady at the reception kept our bags for us and made sure our room was ready earlier than others because we explained that we had been up since 4am and my daughter was tired and ready for a nap. I found the ladies pretty nice, They were always smiling and ready to help.
This is no luxury hotel, but it is cozy, people are friendly, the rooms are clean, and has a good location.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Maraboe Hotel

Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for just one night, but wished we could have stayed longer. It's a quick (maybe two blocks) walk from a major bus stop and you can easily stroll over to all the attractions. The rooms are clean, the baths are up to date and the internet is speedy. The owners are very friendly and welcoming -- we really enjoyed our visit and will stay there again on a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I recently stayed here with my husband and daughter as part of my 50th birthday celebrations. The hotel was excellent value, the room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast had everything we could have asked for and the breakfast room is delightful, and the location was excellent. Close enough to the station to walk with bags and close enough to go into the main square. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I am ever in Bruges again we will definitely stay here. I found the staff polite and courteous.

Room Tip: If you can get a room at the back this would be better as it is quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Very close to all major attractions. Step outside the door and you'll be within the city in minutes. Very friendly staff, easy parking, beautiful breakfast room. We traveled in February and it was very cold outside but the hotel room was nice and warm!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrsnickers
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Both Positives and negatives if I am honest so here goes - straight to the point...

Negatives - Parking was not part of booking as requested, which caused problems as they were almost full!! No chance of parking anywhere else near the hotel. Met by an abrupt lady, after waiting for 10 mins at reception ringing the bell, to be told "I am having my lunch" Rather rude to be honest! Her manor and personaility was less than desirable to be at the front facing part of the hotel!. Having seen 2/3 small dogs in the kitcehn area as we walked to breakfast we decided dining out for breakfast! A hotel should not have pets visable to guest, especially near food prepping areas. No bar in hotel/No staff post 10PM. Finally, given a twin room no double beds, not ideal for a romantic valentines weekend really!!

Positives - Very central/Clean rooms/Warm room if not a little too warm, but better than cold/Excellent warm shower/Felt secure to leave belongings/

Would I stay there again - Not a chance
Would I recommend a friend - Not a chance
A 2* hotel would be a kind explanation for the price we paid!

Hope this helps,

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank scotsmarcEdinburgh
Reviewed November 30, 2011

The Hotel was a short walk from the train station, as we were early we were able to store our bags, which was a great help, both at the begining and end of our weekend. The rooms are clean and modern and the bathroom was spacious. The breakfast had a good selection of bread, rolls, cheese and hams. The hotel is a pleasant stroll into the town and a very easy stagger back after sampling the local beers!! We were made to feel most welcome by the very friendly staff. We would recommend this Hotel to others and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlanAmanda
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We were welcomed at the Maraboe hotel, after being let down by another hotel in Bruges where reservations had been made two weeks before. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom brand new and large. We could also park our rented car in the hotel's private car park which was a boon. Breakfast for very good. However, the location is what I would recommend as it is just outside the main town area, and just a leisurely ten minute walk from the centre, and close to great shopping and bars/restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple