“Good alternative tour but I think it should be longer” 4 of 5 bubbles

Can You Handle It? Tours
Ranked #2 of 12 Food & Drink in Bruges
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Can You Handle It? Tours (CYHIT), is an informative performance style walking tour company, designed for sightseeing. CYHIT is a fun, interactive, and alternative style walking tour made to educate guests in an untraditional, yet fun way. Don’t expect an ordinary, umbrella- holding walking tour, no way! I’m out to make your tour as silly as possible! Fully loaded with some interesting history. Check Our Facebook page for times and locations!
Baltimore, MD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good alternative tour but I think it should be longer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a good tour from Andy. He is new but we had fun and he did a great job walking us around town and showing the sights. The alternative style is much better than the big "sheeple" tour groups and you feel more like a local than a tourist.

However I think the 2 hr tour is a little short. Most tours like this I've been on in other cities have been about 3-4 hours. Two hrs is a little rushed and the tour could have some more history added. I realize Bruges is small but I think more history would be good. Start the tour at 10 or 11 and stop for lunch...go til 2 or 3.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank PihmpDaddi

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A WALKING TOUR WITH A DIFFERENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend in Brugges. Decided to go with this organisation as TripAdviser had good reviews. Turned out to be spot on. We had the pleasure of Andrew's company, 4 of us and 2 others. Very informative, a good laugh and excellent for no fuss. We, senior citizens, were obviously not his usual clientele, as he professed to be knowledgeable about bars and nightlife, but graciously altered much of his guidance and knowledge to our needs! A thoroughly enjoyable tour, almost 2 hours. It was left to us to reward him for his efforts, there being no specific tour charge. We gladly gave him an acknowledgement of his time! Well recommended.

Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Free Bugge Walking Tour from St. Christophers was AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went to Brugge expecting to relax and just have fun for a day or two. But with Caitlyn and Andrew leading the way, I learned a bunch about the city and met some amazing new friends! Because of that tour, I ended up staying for 5 of the best days of my 6 week European adventure. Seriously, it's free....FREE. You have nothing to lose if you don't like it...but you will like it, because the people hosting it love what they are doing, love Brugge, and LOVE making new friends. Do it. You know you want to :)

Oh, and they also do beer tastings and a pub crawl. I didn't do the pub crawl, but the beer tasting, as a beer enthusiast, was absolutely wonderful. $10 I believe? Can't beat it.

Visited May 2013
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"In Bruges" Walking Tour from Bauhaus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This tour kicked [--] (really? I can't say [--]? What about Donkeys? Oh, tripadvisor. You so silly).

Caitlyn is NOT ONLY super informative about random stuff in the city BUT ALSO she is funny and engaging, constantly referencing the In Bruges movie and personal experiences that make the tour special. NOT ONLY did this tour show me a bunch attractions in Bruges I had no idea about BUT ALSO I was told where to drink many good drinks and eat inexpensive, good food. You even get extra discounts applied BECAUSE of the tour (bonus). Be honest - you want to drink Belgian beer and Caitlyn knew her [--], running a tour appropriate for young travelers (hide your kids, hide your wife). This is all especially surprising considering she both is not from Bruges and is only there for a limited time. If you don't get her tour then you missed out. (I'm sure other ones are just as good!)

Also - mandatory swans.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ZekeZee
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour in Europe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've probably done about 8-10 free walking tours so far in Europe and the tour we did with Caitlin was easily the best. She kept us entertained and laughing the whole time with her immature boy-humour but managed to be really informative at the same - got the perfect balance without trying too hard.

Couldn't reccomend this tour any higher. 10/10