“Simply beautiful music”

Luc Vanlaere Harpist
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Harpconcerts by harpist-composer Luc Vanlaere, duration approx. 35 a 40 minutes. Free entry = donation accepted but not obliged. Tuesday to saturday at 15h, 17h and 18.30 - 3pm, 5pm, 6.30 pm, all year. Families welcome but no kids younger than 5 years. No baby's please. Accessible for weelchairs.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Lovely interesting, local man. He played various harps and drums : all his own music - so beautiful and relaxing in a tiny, idyllic concert hall. Buy the CD !!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

After exiting Michelangelo's Madonna exhibit, my wife and I saw a poster for a free harp concert in the nearby church courtyard. A few paces later down a hallway, and we found ourselves in a dimly lit room with many different instruments on a stage. 45 minutes later, we had experienced an amazingly beautiful concert and more than a few delightful anecdotes between performances. He accommodates many languages into his set (French, English and Dutch - which helped us translate a few things during our trip as English speakers). The harps he plays are some of the most incredibly beautiful pieces of musical instrument art you will ever see. The main harp he plays was born in the same city as myself (Chicago), so there was an immediate bond for me. Again, the concert is free, but I suggest buying a CD (or 3) or at the least, leaving a small donation. Any small amount that will help keep the world full of artists like Mr. Vanlaere. Definitely a perfect thing to do on a night out in Bruges before dinner and if I ever make it back there, I will see him perform again. Thank you!

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was a very pleasant musical interlude in a a frenetic overcrowded city. His performance of his own muscial creations lasts about 45 minutes and its not only harps that he plays but other string and percussion instruments from the east. Would certainly go again on our next visit

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I shed several tears from the first note Luc Vanlaere played. I was absolutely not expecting that! His music evoked such emotion in my heart. A wonderful artist indeed. Thank you so much for sharing your passion with us. X

1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed April 3, 2014

peace and calmness overcomes you when you listen to Lucplay- all for free !
no obligation but a 'thankyou' box as you leave for your discression. also cd's for sale
we really enjoyed luc's original one man concert. 40 mins well spent in the evening before dinner.