“The best (weirdest) chocolate in the world”

The Chocolate Line Bruges
Ranked #3 of 76 Shopping in Bruges
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I just had my third visit to this fantastic chocolate shop that's not far from the central 'Markt' square of Bruges.

I first visited after seeing it on The Hairy Bikers show and it does not disappoint with the quality and selection of chocolates which are different to anything else you can buy in Bruges.

If I go to Bruges my wife and daughter insist I visit and they are sampling the delights right now.

You must try it out!

There are newer reviews for The Chocolate Line Bruges

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've never tasted better chocolate... We liked it so much better than Pierre Marcolini pralines that we bought the day before! This small store has a constant lineup and crowd so be prepared. For the Filipinos, they sell a box of citrus chocolates and it includes kalamansi. I haven't tried it yet but I have high hopes.

1  Thank Jeannine A
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This shop was recommended by our landlady as the best in Bruges. It is part old fashioned chocolate shop part experiment. There are chocolate shops on every street in Bruges but only a handful actually make their own chocolates the rest of them sell mass produced confection so it's worth looking for one that does still hand make and this one does as you can see them working away in the back.

Dominique Persoone is the chef who creates all the wacky flavours for The Chocolate Line and you really can get some weird sounding things, like Turkey Dinner which actually tasted amazing!

The chocolates are really delicious!

2  Thank ange71
Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you are a chocolate lover, this store is a MUST. Great service, they speak french and english, they are very kind. the chocolate is delicious. They have onion chocolate, Tomato chocolate, very strange flavors yet good flavors. they sell chocolate pills, chocolate gel shower ..everything you can imagine with chocolate.

1  Thank nfontiveros
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Today was my first day in Brugge and walked pass this shop...with no intention of purchasing, but as soon as I walked in, the smell of chocolate and the site of so many varieties, well I couldn't walk away empty handed.

Since I didn't know what to buy, the lovely lady at the counter suggested an 8 piece box as a sampler. Now the hardest part was choosing them.... With help from the lady we selected a variety that were different and that I had never tasted before ( which was my objective). Some that I picked were the Havana (cigar); cannibis; wasabi and black olive. The lady also gave me a pamplet listing most of their varieties.

When I got home, I immediately had my first one: Havana......OMG.....it was pure chocolate heaven! !! Then I had another.....then another.....and next thing I knew it they had all gone!

These chocolates are all made on the premises. There is a glass window for customers to see them being made. The customer service is fantastic! Also, and according to the pamplet they also provide chocolates to 3 star Michelin restaurants! !

As far as Im concerned there is only one chocolate shop in Brugge and this would have to be it!!

Note: No other chocolate shop in Bruge has the same array of 'exotic' ingredients blended in with their chocolates! !

3  Thank Andrew L