“Fresh Belgian Waffles and Pancakes of great quality”
Review of Sweet Bruges

Sweet Bruges
Ranked #38 of 50 Dessert in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

If you want to have waffles whilst in Brugge there are hundreds of offers. Unfotunately many of them are mediocre to bad quality. In this place we had excellent waffles, freshly baked with delicious fresh fruit. The atmosphere is pleasant. The only thing we were less happy about was the service. It was not bad, but a little smile would have even improved the experience.

There are newer reviews for Sweet Bruges

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Delicious hot chocolate served with waffles. A choice of chocolates to add to your hot milk so you can make it just as you like it. A very pleasant place for a pitstop!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I had better waffles from a pokey waffle shop for 6 € and this one cost me 9. The waffle was fluffy amd lacking dough and sugar.Chocolate sauce was watered down cheap stuff, strawberries were average, service was bad. My waffle got soggy within 3 minutes!!!!!
The lady at the till (presumably part owner) was rude and barked "only order over 12 €!" when I presented my card. All she had to say was sorry we only take card for orders over 12 €
This place is fake, a disappointment, and the staff clearly would be elsewhere.
I was so incensed by this rip off I wrote this review immediately upon leaving!
Terrible!

3  Thank Bianca1982255068
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visited this cafe on our last visit to Brugge, and went back as we had eaten a delicious waffle.

This time there were five in our party. We ordered three waffles, an ice cream, a tea, two coffees and a bottle of water, which came to 27 Euros. We asked for another plate so that our five year old could share a waffle with her daddy. No such luck, we were told clearly that they didn't provide extra plates. She had brought extra cutlery however.

The waffles were excellent, as they had been the year before. My tea was cold however and I didn't dare complain...

While we were there (we were the only ones in the cafe, no prizes for guessing why) someone asked for the loo and was told it was "only for clients". He had two little boys with him and bought some cokes so he could use the loo. I was in there at the same time with my little one and the ?owner shouted at this man to close the door to the bathroom area. I poked my head around the door to indicate that I was standing by the basin with my child. Honestly, there was no need for that!

There are loads of places to go for waffles in Brugge. This one won't be on our itinerary again.

2  Thank Minkykiwi
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Interesting how others have commented on the staff's rude nature. I witnessed the waitress raising her voice at a tourist who wanted the loo - they didn't seem to be ordering so the waitress asked for 50c to use the facilities. When the tourist spoke again, she shouted "I don't speak Russian, if you want the toilet its 50c". The tourist spoke again (which wasn't really helpful as no-one understood her) and eventually left. The waitress was really quite abrupt. Saying that, we ordered coffee only and she was pleasant enough. And the loo was then free to use!!