“Very good experience, would happily go back”
Review of Chang Thong Thai

Chang Thong Thai
Ranked #18 of 744 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cosy, romantic Thai restaurant, where the chefs the best from the Thai kitchen prepare for you.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We made a reservation at this restaurant when we visited Bruges over Easter based on the strength of the TA reviews, and I'm very pleased that we did.
When we arrived the place was full but our table was waiting for us and the reception from the owner was extremely welcoming - he, like all of the staff, seems only too happy to speak English to ensure that you feel welcome and have a pleasant time in his restaurant. Please don't get the impression, though, that this is a touristy place as I can assure you that judging from the tables around us it's equally popular with locals.
Now, I'm no authority on Thai cuisine but what I can tell you is that everything we ordered was very tasty, nicely presented and served with a smile. To top it all off when the bill came at the end one simple phrase sprung to mind - 'value for money'.
We wouldn't hesitate to go back again and would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting Bruges.

1  Thank EwMi

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were seated immediately despite not having a reservation, however we would reserve in advance during a future visit due to its popularity. The service was very friendly (a pleasant surprise given our treatment at other top local restaurants) and the food fantastic. Do not go looking for restaurants late in Brugge because they tend to close their doors by 22h.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We wanted to dine in but the place was booked full for 3 days in the row which made us think the food will be excellent.
This was also the reason why we ordered take away menu.
When we opened up the meals everything was drawning in oil... There was no other taste than oil and fat...
I am very fond of Thai cuisine and tried lots of places with perfect Thai.. this wasn't nowhere near anything which is meant to be balanced Thai taste ..
The staff was very nice though..

5  Thank bd3art
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Read all reviews and fancied something a bit different from Flemish food one evening of our trip. A bit of a walk from the old part of the town and not that easy to find, but got there in end!
Owner was very charming and welcoming, and main part of restaurant looked very nice but we were given a table upstairs (one of only 3 tables in a small area near the toilets) even though we had booked so initially wasn't too impressed.
Staff were very friendly and can't fault service. Owner seemed a nice chap and came over to speak to us personally which was nice. Food was nice but nothing really great. Have eaten better Thai food. Don't get me wrong it was a nice restaurant and had a nice atmosphere and people were nice so I want to say good things, but in all honesty it was fine but nothing more than that on the food front. I was expecting alot more on the basis of the reviews i'd read. Starters were ok had the mixed special starter for 2 but it was a bit deep fried and greasy. I'm a pretty good cook (even though I say it myself!) and can make better satay at home. The mains were much better, a nice prawn red curry and a minced chicken, chilli and basil dish. Pad Thai was nice too and they were accommodating as they left out the vegetables for our fussy son! Would say go there if you like Thai and you'll have a nice meal, but not as great as people seem to be making out (unless the Thai food is alot better here in England!).

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Yesterday we enjoyed another perfect dinner in this lovely place. Seats all at the back, quiet and cosy atmosphere as always. Excellent service from the waiters and waitresses, and not to forget the excellent food prepared by lovely Oy. If you don't really know the thai cuisine or you don't know which plate to chose, the owner and staff give you all the information you want.This by far is the best Thai restaurant in Bruges and surrounding areas. You need to book well in advance, in the weekends it's always full house. I work in a hotel and I always say to my guests: to get to know the best restaurants in Bruges, you need to go where the locals go. Chang Thong is one of those restaurants. Already looking forward to our next dinner :-)