“Great koffie”

Humpty Dumpty
Ranked #346 of 710 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, European, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Budget restaurant-tea room
“Great koffie”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were originally heading for the gingerbread tearooms but when this was closed we headed next door and enjoyed very tasty paninis and delicious coffee. Very friendly staff that quickly gauged our inability to speak the local lingo and gave us helpful advise on when breakfast stops being served in Brugge(11am). Pop in and enjoy.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“wonderful waterzooi”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Excellent waterzool (chicken) !!! We dined in one of the restaurants in the square on Saturday which was very nice and food good. So good was the waterzool that I decided to have it again. On Sunday we came across Humpty Dumpty and as this and beef stew were on the menu we gave it a try. Fantastic!!! The food was excellent and portions huge...my only complaint - I had no room for desert, nor did my three companions which is a real shame; they looked delicious. The staff were pleasant and and attentive - the chef was very friendly!!!! Sorry we didn't find this little gem at the start of our holiday instead of our last night.

2 Thank Janie R
Herriman, Utah, United States
“I would not go again, reasons below.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Upon entering, we had only scanned for the menu for about 30 seconds and rather large sweaty man behind the counter said in a not so friendly voice "Well?" Should have walked out, didnt, Mistake number one. Said we just needed a minute, he said "The Museums are down there." again not so friendly, did not leave. Mistake number two. Decided to just grab a snack to go, ordered from a woman, who was clearly embarrassed by this Buffoon, and as he was making the food I witnessed swear dripping of his nose in to the food he was preparing. It was disgusting, Last straw, we walked out. I intend to file a formal complaint with the health authorities of the city. dont wast your time and money here.

2 Thank Andy B
St. John's, Canada
“Good value and only a close walk from the main square.”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Travelling with 3 friends we often just settled for a place to eat. One day after travelling from Brussels and being extremely hungry we settled for a place on the main square and overpaid big time for a below average meal. It kind of went against my unwritten rule of eating in the most touristy area. I then seen this place on yelp and tripadvisor and wasn't far away but seemed to have better prices. It was a good move because the portions were great and the price was as well. We had a soup appetizer, main dish of lasagna, coffee, and a beer for just over 10 euros each. The staff were also helpful and friendly. It isn't the best meal I've ever had, but I give it a 5 rating based on the value/quality.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Darren_K_C
Isla Vista, California
“Reasonably priced and family owned. Don't get "upgraded"!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

With so many restaurants in the area, it's hard to choose one and even harder to find one that is reasonably priced. We really enjoyed our meal here. Our server was the cook's wife and their daughter also helps with the dishes. Only reason I won't give this place 5 rating is because I was charged extra for fries without warning as I assumed it was a substitue for the bread that was already included in my meal. Was also charged extra for the ketchup, I think it was over a Euro more! I'm not so upset over the costs, just wish out server would bave been a little more forthcoming and honest when it came to the upgrades or substitutions. It's about the principle of it all.
In the end, I would return here as the prices are great, food was good, and felt comfortable.

• Visited April 2014