“Bruge long weekend”
Review of The Townhouse

The Townhouse
Ranked #6 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful short break in Bruge and stayed at the Townhouse B & B. What a wonderful place to stay. The room was spacious and extremely comfortable with a giant bed and tea/coffe making facilities, along with a tv lounge area and most of the UK stations..The hosts were Jason & Sandra who were helpful and welcoming. Jason even carried our suitcases to the top floor room. Security entrance was by way of a security code 24/7. The location was ideal as it was only a 5 minute walk to the town centre. 10 out of 10 and a place we would stay at again..

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor which is recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Geoff W

Reviewed October 17, 2013

From the moment we walked through the door, Sandra and Jason could not have been more welcoming and friendly, with very helpful recommendations on places to visit, eat and drink. The accommodation is first rate. We stayed in the plum suite, which was spacious and the bed, one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Nothing was too much trouble and included reservations to restaurants, which without we would have struggled to get into. I highly recommend the Townhouse and would use again, many thanks Sandra and Jason.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ken2712
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Townhouse is a wonderful bed and breakfast! The host are very friendly and helpful. The room was fantastic. We are a family of 3 (1 adult, 2 kids) We stayed in the cinnamon suite. It has 2 rooms - a main room with king size bed and seating area. It also has a second bedroom with a bunk bed. A double size bed on the bottom and single on the top. It has a tv and DVD player with movies in the second bedroom and another tv in the main room. There is a wonderful book case with lots of books. The first night I found the noise from the street to be too loud so I asked for a fan and they put one in the room for me! I am a very light sleeper so the fan helped a lot. The bathroom is very nice with a shower and separate long tub. It was very clean. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. My kids and I enjoyed our stay. Bruges and the Townhouse were our favourite place(s) on our European vacation.

Room Tip: The Cinnamon Suite is the perfect room for families.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angiecakes94
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Warm reception, wealth of information with recommendations on what to see, where to go, where to eat, delivered by Jason all in English though Sandra could converse equally well in English as well as being a fluent local. Nicely furnished, spacious Rommel, great bathroom.

We got exactly what we wanted, money well spent.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PRB_9
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at the townhouse during August and we thoroughly enjoyed! We had a fabulous room with amazing facilities and everything we could possible need! As for hosting, exceptional!! Nothing was to much trouble and we were given all the advice we needed for a wonderful stay in Bruges! Thank you once again, we will highly recommend a stay with you!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My friend I and stayed for 2 nights late September. I stayed in the Blueberry Suite & my friend was in the Plum Suite, in a word AWESOME!!! The rooms were immaculate, the beds were REAL KING BEDS SOOOOO SOFT & COZY!! The breakfasts were individually prepared & delicious - enough food to carry us over till dinner! Both Sandra & Jason were amazing, they were beyond helpful with organizing places to visit, restaraunts (reservations), & transportion. I wish we stayed longer. THIS IS A MUST STAY AT PLACE!! - I hope you enjoy as much as I did.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kimberly H
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in early September for four nights in the Vanilla suite. We flew into Brussels, took the train to Bruges, walked to the Townhouse and were greeted by Jason. He sat us down, laid out the map and made recommendations of places to eat (and not eat) and things to see. His knowledge of restaurants was great; once he knew that one of us was vegetarian he made even further recommendations for places that were veggie friendly.
Our room was on the top floor. The first set of stairs was a doozy--very tall and narrow, but we got used to them. Jason helped by carrying my bag up when we arrived and departed.
The vanilla suite was very cute and comfortable. A few leather chairs by the tv, a very comfortable bed, and big windows for a great breeze. The bathroom was super modern and beautiful. I highly recommend taking a bath at night and enjoying the view out of the skylight that opens up. There were even candles and bath salts!
Some nice touches in the room included coffee/tea service and Belgian chocolates that got refilled daily, plus Q tips in the bathroom since many people forget these!
Breakfast. Where do I start? Essentially, it was four courses. First up-fresh fruit. Every day something different. I'm allergic to melons and bananas and Jason/Sandra accomodated this with no problem. They had the most amazing yellow kiwis a few days when we were there. Then comes yogurt mixed with marscapone, topped with stewed fruit (plums or rhubarb) and honey. I'm not a yogurt eater, but I gave it a try and it was quite good. My husband loves yogurt and thought it was amazing! Then comes a tray of pastries and fresh breads which were out of control delicious. Then eggs or pancakes. I had the same eggs every day (bacon with sunny side up eggs). The eggs were cooked perfectly and the yolks were bright orange! So good. They also had scrambled eggs w/ salmon, omlettes with fresh herbs, etc. Oh, and fresh squeezed orange juice, great coffee and a nice tea assortment.
Breakfast was always accompanied by nice conversation and tips from Jason and Sandra. What a treat it was to stay here. I wish we'd stayed here the entire time!!

Room Tip: We loved the Vanilla Suite but it is on the top floor-not so great if you don't like stairs. Don...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple