“A fantastic place to a stay! ”
Review of The Townhouse

The Townhouse
Ranked #2 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
“A fantastic place to a stay! ”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at the townhouse during August and we thoroughly enjoyed! We had a fabulous room with amazing facilities and everything we could possible need! As for hosting, exceptional!! Nothing was to much trouble and we were given all the advice we needed for a wonderful stay in Bruges! Thank you once again, we will highly recommend a stay with you!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My friend I and stayed for 2 nights late September. I stayed in the Blueberry Suite & my friend was in the Plum Suite, in a word AWESOME!!! The rooms were immaculate, the beds were REAL KING BEDS SOOOOO SOFT & COZY!! The breakfasts were individually prepared & delicious - enough food to carry us over till dinner! Both Sandra & Jason were amazing, they were beyond helpful with organizing places to visit, restaraunts (reservations), & transportion. I wish we stayed longer. THIS IS A MUST STAY AT PLACE!! - I hope you enjoy as much as I did.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Kimberly H
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in early September for four nights in the Vanilla suite. We flew into Brussels, took the train to Bruges, walked to the Townhouse and were greeted by Jason. He sat us down, laid out the map and made recommendations of places to eat (and not eat) and things to see. His knowledge of restaurants was great; once he knew that one of us was vegetarian he made even further recommendations for places that were veggie friendly.
Our room was on the top floor. The first set of stairs was a doozy--very tall and narrow, but we got used to them. Jason helped by carrying my bag up when we arrived and departed.
The vanilla suite was very cute and comfortable. A few leather chairs by the tv, a very comfortable bed, and big windows for a great breeze. The bathroom was super modern and beautiful. I highly recommend taking a bath at night and enjoying the view out of the skylight that opens up. There were even candles and bath salts!
Some nice touches in the room included coffee/tea service and Belgian chocolates that got refilled daily, plus Q tips in the bathroom since many people forget these!
Breakfast. Where do I start? Essentially, it was four courses. First up-fresh fruit. Every day something different. I'm allergic to melons and bananas and Jason/Sandra accomodated this with no problem. They had the most amazing yellow kiwis a few days when we were there. Then comes yogurt mixed with marscapone, topped with stewed fruit (plums or rhubarb) and honey. I'm not a yogurt eater, but I gave it a try and it was quite good. My husband loves yogurt and thought it was amazing! Then comes a tray of pastries and fresh breads which were out of control delicious. Then eggs or pancakes. I had the same eggs every day (bacon with sunny side up eggs). The eggs were cooked perfectly and the yolks were bright orange! So good. They also had scrambled eggs w/ salmon, omlettes with fresh herbs, etc. Oh, and fresh squeezed orange juice, great coffee and a nice tea assortment.
Breakfast was always accompanied by nice conversation and tips from Jason and Sandra. What a treat it was to stay here. I wish we'd stayed here the entire time!!

Room Tip: We loved the Vanilla Suite but it is on the top floor-not so great if you don't like stairs. Don...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nickisee
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My partner and I stayed 4 nights at the stylish Townhouse last week. It started with a very friendly welcome from Brit abroad Jason, then we were shown our 2nd floor Plum Room which was even more impressive than it looked on the website.

Jason, and his Dutch wife Sandra who spent around a year renovating this characterful house didn't cut any corners on decor, furniture or facilities (though a fridge would have been handy, they do have an honesty bar in the dining area if you fancy a sneaky late night drink). From the extra comfy bed to the walk-in shower and double sink, from the SMART Samsung TV with multi-language channels (including BBC 1 & 2) to the Belgian chocs (to accompany in-room tea and coffee) that are refreshed every day.

The J&S double act comes into its own at breakfast. It's not rushed but you won't wait long for the next tasty local or homemade course. Fresh fruit is followed by yoghurt plus compote, then for the egg-y segment I can wholeheartedly recommend Sandra's pancakes. Oh and the coffee is excellent too and I'm something of a coffee snob. To finish, the fresh rolls and pastries will keep you going well past lunch

On almost every day after breakfast my partner and I had some very engaging chats with Jason and Sandra, so much so I could have happily chatted til lunch (not sure that would've gone down so well with my better half!).

It's such a pleasure to spend time at a B&B where the owners clearly love what they do and are very good at it too. My only health warning for first time visitors to Bruges is that the J&S experience is so good it won't prepare you for the uneven customer service you'll get around Bruges (see my review of the restaurant Christophe for a flavour).

A couple of examples of top-notch Townhouse hospitality: Jason noticed our half-finished bottle of wine left out in our room during the day so put it in the kitchen fridge and handed it to us when we returned in the evening; and he loaned us a plug adapter when we asked if he knew any shops we could buy a spare from...

I can't recommend The Townhouse enough. It's in an excellent location, a 5-10 minute walk to the Market Square and a short walk to many Bruges attractions. And if you aren't sure where to eat or go just ask J&S, their local knowledge is impressive.

For a memorable boutique B&B Bruges experience, it's got to be The Townhouse!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ianchri
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner and I spent two lovely nights at this B&B and cannot say enough positive things about it. From the exceptionally helpful and friendly owners, the spacious and perfectly clean rooms to the excellent breakfasts and central location.

Jason and Sandra have obviously spent a lot of time and attention on not just the overall B&B but the little details which altogether sets this place part from the rest. We were given very helpful advice and hints about exploring Bruges and excellent recommendations for where to eat, including having our table booked by Jason to ensure we wouldn't miss out!

When I go back to Bruges I won't think twice about booking here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hanna M
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed for one night in this fabulous B&B, but was much better than many a hotel we have stayed in. We were greeted by Jason and Sandra and they were very helpful about showing us where to visit in Brugges and where to eat etc. We stayed in the Cinnamon family suite and the children loved having their own separate room without being in a completely different room. They were very accommodating with us also having a baby with us. The room was fabulous and had everything you needed. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and very filling, setting us up well for our day ahead. We would definitely recommend to any family or friends (or anyone else!) to stay here. We hope they continue to do well in their second year of the B&B.

Room Tip: The Cinnamon suite was ideal for a family of 5.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen B
Oakland, California
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our family of 2 adults and 2 teenaged children stayed in the Cinnamon room this early August. Our stay at the Townhouse was fabulous! Sandra and Jason were wonderful hosts. When we first arrived, Sandra spent about 20 minutes with us giving valuable tips on the sites of Bruges and suggestions of where to eat. Our room was very modern, immaculately clean, bright, quiet, and seemed to be about 800 square feet with plenty of space for the 4 of us. Everything worked fine including the wi-fi. The room had 2 fans but did not have air conditioning. The daytime highs were in the low 70's degrees F during our visit and we felt comfortable in the room. The delicious and nutritious made to order gourmet breakfast was cheerfully served by Sandra and Jason. We will definitely consider staying again at The Townhouse!

Room Tip: The bedroom for the children had a bunk bed and for some people, it can be tricky to get to the top...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family