“nothing special”

New Laurent
Ranked #624 of 768 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were three for lunch and couldn't really decide where to go so we stopped in this restaurant because it was next to a big church. The waiter didn't speak French very well and no English so it was a bit hard ordering. One of us ordered lasagna and was quite surprised to find a slice of ham in there with the meat sauce. Could just be a Belgian thing but it was not great. I had fried cheese croquettes and salad. It was mediocre at best. The fries were ok and came with catsup. the bill for 3, even though one only had fries and we drank water, was just over 30€.

I'd say keep walking by this place on the way to somewhere better. There's way too much choice in Bruges to waste your time or money here.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went here for a hot drink with me and my partner. We fancied something light to eat so had a main course to share. Food was very average. They charged an extra 1.50 euro as a cover charge as I only had a drink (drink was 5 euro for a peppermint tea) and this is a cafe. Very odd! Very much just a cafe with very average food.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Too expensive and nothing special. The waiter could speak basic english and did not understand what we wanted. I really needed a coffee and since we were passing by we decided to try the waffles. There was a horrible smell from the toilets everywhere. We ordered one coffee and one waffle and as a result we got 2 waffles and the coffee wasnt the one I wanted. When I asked for the right coffee, the waiter just told me that he couldnt change the order (!). So, I didnt drink a coffee, we had to eat 2 mediocre waffles and paid almost 20 euro. This place was a huge disappointment. I heard from the locals that in bruge they really dont care if the customer is satisfied because it is always busy, but this kind of behaviour is just unacceptable.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The waffles here are their specialty, and they are delicious. They are more expensive than the take away waffle stands, but the toppings make it worth it. The restaurant is busy, but the food comes fast. Delicious waffles!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had two take-away waffles that were great. One was chocolate and the other was fresh fruit. We were licking our fingers afterward, and the portions were very generous.