Hotel The Peellaert - Adults only
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
1,375 results
All reviewsoud huis de peellaertyouth hostelbeautiful hotelexecutive roomsister hotell'occitane toiletriessauna and steam roomhigh ceilingsthe main squarereception staffpublic roomscar parkshort walklight sleeperold world charmbreakfast was excellentsmoked salmon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Recently returned from a 3 night stay in this hotel and we had an excellent stay and much of this was down to the hotel.
The hotel is very central and is only a very short walk away from the main sights. The first of which is Burg square which is literally a minute away.
We couldnt really fault the hotel, it was clean, comfortable and elegant. The staff were very friendly and attentative and would help with things to see and do. The breakfast was good with plenty of choice and sets you up for a great day out in Bruges. The room was nice and quiet and we were ideally located at the back of the hotel overlooking the courtyard.
If we were going back to Bruges we would definitely be going back to this hotel, especially considering how good value for money it is.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harters123
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Gorgeous hotel and rooms -- really great/extensive breakfast buffet and very nice staff. Good location in Bruges, everything is a short walk away. Beautiful large bathrooms with heated floors.
Even though this hotel is non-smoking, we could smell smoke in the hallways constantly and it sometimes seeped into our room, which was annoying.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Just arrived back from a wonderful 4 night stay in Brugge. This hotel is one of the nicest i have stayed in and is great value for money! The Staff are very polite and attentive, nothing is too much trouble for them! The breakfast is a good fresh quality selection with all the usual fruits, cereals, yoghurts, eggs, bacon, cold meats and cheeses the only thing missing in my opinion were Waffles!!! But the fresh brewed coffee and croissants were good compensation! The bedroom was spacious and airy even though i had an attic bedroom with original beams I did not feel closed in! the bathroom was large and well furnished, hot water and l'Occitane toiletries in abundance! TV had several English channels so was able to watch my ususal soaps whilst lounging on a very comfortable bed!! The location is perfect for walking everywhere although i did manage to get "lost" a few times, maybe thats a female thing? Food wise there are several restaurants nearby and lots of bars serving snacks. Unfortunately the hotel doesnt have a dinner service as i am sure it would have been great, however the lounge and small bar make up for it.
Brugge is a beautiful place to visit and an easy place to get around, you definitely need sturdy walking shoes and warm showerproof clothing if going outside of the summer months. The whole city is a feast for your senses, the sights, smells, sounds etc. the Flemish people are really friendly and as a solo female traveller i never ever felt unsafe at any time! Will definetly go back and stay at the same hotel! Thank you Oud Huis de Peeleart!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Medicma3
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Had a great time at this hotel. Initally stopped in Antwerp for one night, and had a horrible hotel. This hotel was a 100 times better. The room was lovely, although initially noisy as it faced the road. We soon forgot about this, and by the end of the trip paid no attention to the traffic noise. We were worried about the hostel opposite, however we heard nothing from it. Not sure what it would be like in the summer though. Breakfast was stunning! so much choice. The hotel itself is beautifully presented inside. The use of the free wi-fi was a added bonus. My only niggle about the hotel is it didn't do drinks during the day, so if you popped back to the hotel during the day, then you couldn't get a drink. Overall though I would heartily recommend this hotel, and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary_1970_1
Reviewed February 22, 2011

The hotel looks nice, clean, has a full breakfast that is pretty darn good. However, I will not return to this hotel because I had too many problems that just never got resolved:

(1) A big reason I came to this hotel was because of the FREE wireless internet available from my room. Well, upon trying it the connection never worked from either my laptop or phone. I spoke to them and they believed it was fine and that I should bring my laptop down to help me to connect. I am a long-time software engineer and know what I am talking about but I kept open-minded. Eventually, I had to prove to them that the internet was not working at all. They had an alternative but only available from the lobby - not what I originally wanted. They tried to reset the internet but that did not work, so the woman said she will speak to management about this. Ok fine so far and can happen anywhere. However, the next morning I spoke to a new person behind the desk and she had no idea about the wireless issue and again believed everything was fine. Again, I had to show that it was not working and again she tried to reset the internet for me and again it failed and again she said she would mention it to management. Believe it or not, the whole thing repeated again in the afternoon. No knowledge of the issue, tried to reset, etc, etc. I was quite frustrated. I explained that this was my big reason for coming to this hotel but they did not offer much of an alternative nor did they offer me anything - like a free drink or perhaps something along the lines of a discount on my room or something. I tried to emphasize the importance but it went no where. Not sure if this is a cultural thing or perhaps they are instructed not to do this for customers. However, I believe a small gesture goes a long way especially in this economy and the hotel business.

(2) The hotel room had problems. The bathroom had a heater that just would never turn off. There was no way to turn it off so the bathroom was always overheated. The shower head was a little faulty.

(3) A small issue but I found strange - the coffee at the breakfast buffet was terrible. It always seemed just warm, not hot, and was NOT good. They also do not serve cappuccinos at all or espressos. This appeared to be a really nice hotel. I was really surprised that with such an amazing breakfast spread, the only coffee option was this pot of coffee which was not at all good.

Well, the wireless never worked - I was there for 3 nights. The room was not ideal, with faults that I explained to the management. Not sure if anything got fixed. The breakfast spread is amazing, and the bathroom products in the room were really nice as well, but these things are not enough to bring me back. There is too much competition in Bruges where I am sure I can find something better.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends