“A 'home from home'”

Number 11 Exclusive Guesthouse
Ranked #10 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2013

If you're looking for good quality accommodation at a reasonable price look no further than this small Guesthouse (it only has 3 rooms). I thought long and hard when trying to decide what accommodation I was going to book as I wanted the weekend to be a romantic break for my fiancée and I. We were not disappointed. The room (Vanilla room) was superb and very comfortable - very boutique. We didn't manage to make it down for breakfast on the 2 mornings we stayed but the contents of the kitchen were made available to us 24 hours a day. It is within a very pleasant 25 minute walk of the train station and located conveniently for all of the local tourist attractions within the city. I would recommend this location to anyone who is considering staying in Bruges. Thank you to Hilde and Tanya for making our stay a very memorable one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I visited Bruges for four days with two friends and when we arrived at Number 11 we couldn't have received a warmer welcome. Hilde showed us around the gorgeous house, which is close to the centre and one of the beautiful canals, and suggested that we treat it like our home. We were free to use the kitchen for hot drinks etc.and an honesty bar provided us with other refreshments. The house is maintained to a very high standard with real attention to detail. The bedrooms are charming and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast was served in the delightful courtyard garden by Hilde or Tanya (as the ground floor garden suite was unoccupied for part of our stay) which was a real treat for us - good food beautifully served accompanied by sunshine and birdsong - what a way to start the day! Would definitely return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable and beautiful but go for the garden suite if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a weekend and this was perfect. Great location near one of the canals 5mins walk from the main square. The guest house itself is beautiful, the rooms boutique as in the pictures, spotless and comfy. Nothing was too much trouble and great advice on places to visit and eat at. Waking up to the smell of baking croissants is a perfect way to start the day. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our stay in no.11 Exclusive Guesthouse is a short one, but the place and the city have left a memory of a life time for us. This place definitely one of a kind and has set a new standard for an excellent and world class bnb. It is perfectly situated in the old area of Brugge. From the bnb, you can easily walk to the city center.
Everything in here is just beautiful, the foyer, dining room, living room, kitchen, rooms, and garden are perfect. Hilde and Tania’s are very nice and informative, explaining to us about the city and place to visit, also some recommended restaurants as well. Another thing which I love is the breakfast, it is nicely served and it is so delicious. We stay in the grey room, which was perfect for 3 of us. It has lovely view toward the surrounding area and so comfy. I would love to stay in here again next time I visit this lovely city, Brugge.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have organised a weekend trip to Bruges for my boyfriend's birthday and booked suite at Number 11 - we truly loved the place and it was worth every penny. It is like a separate apartment with your own entrance and overlooking gorgeous garden. We loved the decor, the locatin was supeb, close to the center but tucked away from the main road so it was very peaceful and quiet to get a good night sleep. Staff were nice and accommodating.
Honestly, from many places I ahve stayed across the globe this made it to my top list - perfect for a romantice city weekend break if you want to treat yourseves!

Room Tip: I strongly recommend to go with a suite
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just returned from 4 night stay in the Vanilla room at this charming guesthouse. Chose it in the first place due to excellent reviews on tripadvisor and all proved right. As soon as we arrived had a warm welcome from Hilda who was so helpful and just lovely! The guesthouse is in a perfect location, quiet but central, and is beautifully decorated both in communal areas and in our room. Breakfast was substantial and you can help yourself to tea/coffee etc. throughout the day should you need to return for a rest between site seeing. Should we return to Bruges we would defiantly stay at number 11 again. We will be recommending it to all our friends, so much nicer than an impersonal hotel, it really was home from home.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from Bruges for the Easter bank holiday (2013) and stayed at Number 11 in the Deluxe Suite as a treat on our final night. I cannot stress enough how lovely this B&B is.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful (organising taxi's / letting us check out slightly later / letting us leave bags until we departed for the train station etc.) the breakfast was generous and made to order unlike most 'help yourself' continental breakfasts but by far and away the best part of this B&B is the attention to detail and the beautiful room.

The decor is very chic and within the suite there is everything you could want; a lovely sitting-room with real log fire for the evenings complete with board games to play in front of it; 'mini bar' which is actually a proper fridge stocked with Champagne, wine, beer and soft drinks; a fabulous double bath with lots of toiletries, dressing gowns for both of us and loads of towels and lovely Egyptian cotton bedding.

If you stay in the suite you also have double doors onto the charming courtyard with your own outside seating and very efficient outside heater (it was very cold when we visited and we were still able to sit out a little and enjoy the garden with a glass of wine).

The location is also very convenient. Placed on a pretty side street it is just a short walk to both the main square and the wonderful canals which are lined with bars and restaurants.

Even though the pictures on the website look lovely they honestly don’t do it justice in real life. I cannot recommend Number 11 highly enough!