“Friendly host in a lovely home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Bed and Breakfast Lut and Bruno Setola
Ranked #33 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My partner and I spent two nights with Lut in her lovely B&B as we explored the beautiful city of Bruges.
Lut was helpful as soon as we stepped through the door offering a map and great places to eat and visit around the city. The building was in a nice quiet area and had a lot of tasteful character in it with the rooms on the top floor using the space available very well
We stayed in the orange room with was spacious, warm and comfortable. The breakfast was generous and delicious.
The is the perfect stop for a escape to explore Bruges.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bed and Breakfast Lut and Bruno Setola

Reviewed November 25, 2012

A characterful, period house in the heart of Bruges, run by the charming & ever attentive hostess, Lut, provided the ideal base for our 3 night stay. A clean, comfortable quiet bedroom allowed a relaxing nights sleep & the delicious breakfast was the perfect fuel for the days' sightseeing. Thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Having spent five nights at Bed and Breakfast Lut and Bruno Setola, I can attest unequivocally that the outstanding reviews found on Tripadvisor are truthful and factual. I’d award an even higher rating if it were possible. Lut has perfected the art of customer service which only comes with many years of experience in dealing with travelers from around the world.

The location of this B&B could not be more convenient to enjoying the many sights and dining establishments of Bruges. Moreover, Lut enthusiastically shares her love of living in such a beautiful city. Most of the previous Tripadvisor reviews echo my sentiments so in the interest of brevity I will refrain from repetition.

But, I would be remiss if I didn’t touch on the absolutely top notch breakfast (complete with soft music in the background), hand-squeezed orange juice, fresh-from-the-bakery breads, and a daily variety of tasty breakfast staples. I don’t believe I had the same breakfast twice during my stay. And yes—the bed was exceptionally comfortable, as was my room (the Orange room—with an excellent view of barrel-tiled rooftops and a garden below). I loved the halogen reading lights on either side of the bed. The winding stairs were a tad steep, but for me it was not a problem since I traveled with only a small piece of luggage. Since the building is very old (basement is from Medieval times), one cannot expect certain modern conveniences such as an elevator. Cleanliness of the lodging was a top priority of Lut’s, and the price per night was the “cherry on top” of this “cake” of a place to stay. Bed and Breakfast Lut and Bruno Setola has most definitely earned the “Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2012” which is proudly displayed in the window next to their front door. Make it a point to stay there!

Room Tip: Orange Room is very quiet and the window opens up to the back of the building. Nice view. It is al...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Bruges is a fantastic city, and this B&B really is as good as all the reviews say! Perfect location, beautifully furnished rooms and very impressive breakfast. The host was very helpful and provided us with maps and helped to organise a tour to Flanders Fields. Good value for Bruges too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the four nights we spent at B&B Lut & Bruno Setola. It is ideally located about 200 metres from the central market square of the lovely city of Brugge. Our room was spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed and tea making facilities. It was on the second floor, as was the breakfast room. Breakfast was superb with muesli, a selection of meats, eggs, cheeses, olives, tomatoes, rolls, croissants, chocolates, juices and teas. Our hostess Lut was very friendly and extremely helpful. She booked a tour of the World War 1 battlefields for us and, when our return flight details had to be changed, printed out the new documentation for us. We had a memorable stay at a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at Bed and Breakfast Lut and Bruno Setola, the place is about a 5 minute leisurely walk away from the Markt Square. The room and bathroom are very clean, great bed and bedding's and the breakfast was great! But most important is the warmth of Lut! She welcomes you into her home (yes they live there) and makes you feel welcome, she makes the effort to point out in a map must see places and warn you against tourist traps! She gave us restaurant recommendations which were perfect! This is definitely on our list of bb's that is a must go back to! The cost is very reasonable! Large luggage will be inconvenient since the rooms are on the 3rd floor (2nd for Europe). As for the Beautiful City of Brugge...that will be another review.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BernaManila
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My mother and i stayed here for a weekend. Lut is absolutely delightful and so very helpful. The rooms were neat and clean. The breakfasts were all absolutely delicious. I am so amazed that such a wonderful place so close to the main square was so reasonably price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family