“Nice Stay”

and 1 more site!
Youth Hostel Europa
Ranked #17 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Bruges
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Wonderfully clean place. We had a nice courtyard view from our room. 15-20 minute walk to the center of Bruges. Buses on the weekends to and from the train station are very limited, so we walked with our bags. It would have been nice if the hostel had bus schedules. There was no kitchen, but they had a nice cafeteria style breakfast. Was a great value, but I would pay more to be more centrally located.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank BoboMay

Reviewed December 4, 2010

Very large room for 4 (only 3 of us there while I was there). One night only. No towels..bring your own. Lovely breakfast, very clean. A little walk to the action. 15 Minute walk to train station.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Creetyuk
Reviewed April 19, 2010

This the first time I have stayed at a youth hostel. The front desk is very friendly. There is a nice lounge area with a wonderful little bar. They also have internet access. They have a wonderful breakfast.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KaraJ4
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I slept only one night and had the chance to be alone in a 6 bed room. Good hygiene in the room, average in the bathroom, pleasant reception. Fidelity bonus for HiHostels hostels.
Near the rail way station.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This felt more like a place you would visit on a school trip than with friends. The staff are, at best, miserable and the hostel in a good 20 minute walk from anything that you would associate with medieval Bruges. There MUST be better places to stay than here.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank thomas3Uk
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My daughter just left this hostel travelling with a youth group. My daughter called very upset about having bed bug bites on her back! Clearly managment needs to do a better job doing laundry and general housekeeping!!
If your tour group is planning on using this hostel, I would call and complain and see that they changed lodging.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank lidzfromchi
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Given the cities reputation as party central, I was very careful where I spent the nights. I was looking for a good, safe place to spend my evenings and I feel this hostel met my expectations.

The place was very clean with good showers and bathrooms. There were also two sinks in our room and plenty of room to hang up clothes. The size of the room was quite large for 6 beds (two bunks, two singles) and the windows opened and allowed for a nice breeze. The bed itself was your typical hostel bed but it was comfortable and the bedding adequite. The room was quite hot though (people were using the radiators to dry their clothes as it was rainy while I was there).

I found the staff to be very professional and helpful. This place also has a bar for those who like to relax with a beer in the evening. My only complaint was the one night when we were overrun by a group of school kids. The students were good and quiet, the TEACHERS were not. They were quite loud until at least 1am.

It's a bit of a walk into town (maybe 15 minutes) but it's not a bad walk and given the hoards of tourists in the city center it was nice to be out of their way.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo