“Art lovers must see!”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Art lovers must see!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Having been slightly disappointed by the Salvador Dali exhibition, I wasn't getting excited about going here. How wrong could I be ! I would highly recommend buying the audio tour for2.50€ , which makes the experience all the more interesting. I am not one for reading all the boards to be honest, I would rather listen . So, for two hours plus, I was completely absorbed in the works of Miro, Monet , Magritte, Matisse, Renoir, Braque, and of course Picasso. I learned about lithography, cubism, surrealism, Impressionism, and other different styles of painting and drawing. You are allowed to take photographs ( not flash ) int he exhibition, and of course there is a small shop. I read the other reviews here, I can only say that the people didn't take time to learn and listen. Admittedly it is not ALL about Picasso! it is much much more.

Visited December 2013
4 Thank AnnieMeadows

Tollesbury, England, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Picasso, and Miro, and Chagall, Magritte and Matisse, and...”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Interesting exhibition space in an interesting building in an interesting location - part of the old "Hospital".
Highly recommended: Get the Audio Guide!! It may not be perfect (in some places rather confusing) but it really helps understand the flow of works you are about to see.
OK, so most of them are prints - Lithographs, engravings, woodcuts - but that's kind of the point! Seeing Miro's work develop over the years, then Chagall, Magritte - some exceptional pen and ink (I think) pictures of the candle, the owl, the chair (with large fork). Did I mention George Braque?? and then some Picasso as well. Maybe there weren't many BIG pieces by any of the artists, but the depth of the collection following most of the artists through long periods is possibly more valuable.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JPL909
Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great collection and great fun!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stumbled upon this collection by accident; it wasn't mentioned in Rick Steves' Bruges book but I saw it while I was doing his walking tour. I'm so glad I stopped. It was one of my favorite things in Bruges. It won't take more than an hour to see the whole collecton so its size isn't overwhelming (a good thing for me). The works include those of Picasso, Miro, Calder, Rodin and Toulouse-Lautrec. Just a fun hour and an interesting building to walk though.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JMargo
Fairport, N.Y.
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Picassos and Miros on display - but minor works only”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This smallish museum has the art works advertised, but nothing of particular note. If you're short of time (who isn't when visiting Brugge?) give this a miss. Comprehended in the Brugge City Pass.

Visited May 2013
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolute Rip-off!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'm not a person who usually leaves reviews on internet by after visiting this museum I felt compelled to write something. In short

* very small collection it took us about 15 min to see it all
* most of artwork is not Picasso (5% of the collection if even that)
* No English translation of exhibits so you do your one guessing
* Most of the paintings looks like 2 years old's doodling on the paper, see below.

You'll be better off with speding these 8 euros on one more go on canal cruise or buying small box of chocolates for you mum than visiting this place. One to avoid.

Visited March 2013