Koen & Annemiene Dieltens
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bruges
See available hotels
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was the perfectly localized to explore Bruges. The hosts, Annemie and then her daughter were very welcoming and pleasant. We felt like at home. The room we stayed was tastefully decorated and you could sense history in it, with lots of pictures from ancestors of the family. The perfect combination to the spirit of the city. The breakfast in a beautiful compartment of the house was very good and harmonic. We loved the contrast between the classical aspect of the house and the modern (and even surrealistic) decoration of the halls. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I found the location of this B&B to be excellent. However, I was put off by a quarter full slightly soiled bottle of hand wash sitting in the basin and also a quarter full body wash sitting on the floor of the shower - these were obviously meant to be used by their next guest which just happened to be me. I was advised to take a taxi from the train station to the B&B and that the cost would be 9 Euros. I am grateful for this tip as after the taxi driver started to drive me to the B&B, he told me his meter wasn't working and it would be a fare of about 12 or more Euros. Armed with advance info re the fare I told him if he didn't accept 10 Euros, I was getting out straight away. Also showed him the email from the B&B owners re this. He caved in. A bad start to my stay in Bruges I thought.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This house is probably one hundred years old, in very good condition, with cozy rooms on the top (second?) floor. I liked the spacious dining room with lots of artefacts and memorabilia.

The definite advantage of this accommodation is great location. It's very close to the old fish market (Vismarkt) which is, I believe, the best point to start exploring Brugge. A boat station is just nearby and is not crowded like other stations down the canal. Burg and Grote Markt are at about 10 min walking distance. A nice feature of the fish market square is the presence of excellent seafood restaurants offering many local delicacies.

After all, this B&B definitely offers value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

A good location away from the main traffic but close enough to walk to all of the major attractions. The house was cozy and quite, and the host very friendly. Highly recommend stating here. Traveling though Europe with our two teenage children, this is just what we were looking for.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A beautiful room, gracious hosts and lively (international) conversation around the breakfast table—this is what we found at this delightful B&B. A terrific home base from which to enjoy Bruges, and bike rides through the surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple