“Outstanding! An Excellent Photo Class and Tour Rolled into One”
Review of Photo Tour Brugge

Photo Tour Brugge
Ranked #3 of 47 Tours in Bruges
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As the original and premier photography tour in Brugge, Photo Tour Brugge is here to help you discover Brugge and inform & inspire your photography, beginner to pro and in Brugge or beyond. Our open group and private photo tours offer a guided view of medieval Brugge through a local travel photographers' eye, with a priority to provide you the best sights in the right light. Choose to learn or simply focus on locations, a city tour and photography workshop for -all- photographers.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had high hopes for this tour after reading other reviews and we were not disappointed. Andy managed to teach me quite a bit about my camera and photography without making it feel like he was actually “teaching” more like going on a walk with a friend who was sharing pointers and techniques.

While we walked he told us a fair amount about the city and the sights, though the emphasis was (as I wanted it to be) on Photography. Andy does not have encyclopedic knowledge of the city, but he didn’t bluff stories, telling us what he knew and occasionally telling us he didn’t know the background of something we were looking at. I appreciate this no non-sense style and walked away confident that I knew more about the city and that I was much more comfortable with my camera.

My wife, a non-photographer, learned a fair amount about composition on this tour. The change was striking, earlier on our trip through Europe she patiently waited while I considered angles for various shots. After this tour she started looking for good shots herself, often dragging me over to shoot something from an angle she had spotted.

Fantastic tour, I highly recommend to anyone interested in taking better pictures.

4  Thank Joe B

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Once again the friendly tour guide Andy delivers again! Yes, *again*. This is my 2nd time doing this tour. Why? Because I learned so much from Andy the 1st time that I had to do it again. Andy is a very talented photographer and makes his patrons feel very welcome and comfortable when it comes to asking questions about photography and the picturesque city of Brugge. He is a blast to be around as well. Super funny dude! This 2nd tour was pretty awesome and I learned a ton from him and got to see sites that most tourists don't get to see of Brugge. If you have a significant other who is not into photography and worried that they may not have as good of a time as you, fret not because it's also the perfect walking tour. Do yourself a favor and sign up for this experience!!!

6  Thank joeltb
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was one of the best tours I took during my five week travel from San Diego to London. Andy is not only an excellent photography coach, but a charming guide of the marvelous city of Brugge.

I thought I was a pretty good photographer, having shot travel film and digital for five plus decades. Andy made me look at scenes and objects in a new way -- framing a photo to give it much more drama and interest. Photo seminars in our neck of the woods would cost five times more than Andy charges for his tour and he gives you the personal attention you need to put his techniques to practice.

It doesn't matter what kind of camera you own or how much experience you have, you will learn a thing or two that you may not have considered. And Andy gives you an insiders look at the city, showing you the places just off of the tourist bound streets in central Brugge. He'll also suggest places to eat and drink... we even had a few beers just after the tour at one of the best little places in town. I think that after your tour, you will want to buy Andy a beer as well.

5  Thank William J
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm rather beginner with SLR camera, just got Nikon 5100, quite an upgrade from previous Konica Minolta... so i really welcomed idea of small "lesson" with exploration of hidden Brugge. even if it was raining we found Andy as scheduled and with 1 more couple we spent 2 fruitfull hours discovering city off the beaten path. Not only we have seen this lovely city from differents ends, but we got our dose of some camera handling tips, basic photography tips. Most intersting was going with Andy and understanding mindset of looking at things / objects / building differently - not just classical "vacation" pictures.

I really believe that it's really interesting and fun way to discover cities, I would love to have similiar options in other cities. it was worth of every penny, highly recommended!

3  Thank Tequila007
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked two tours with Andy during our short stay in Bruges in April and we can honestly say it was one of the best tours we have ever been on in any city! Andy is really friendly & chatty and puts you at ease right away! He weighs up your camera skills at the start and adapts the tutorial to your level. We were lucky that we were the only two people on the times we picked and Andy listened to what we wanted to get out of the tour and really helped us achieve some great shots!

Andy will show you how to approach shots from angles you may not have even considered before and he combines an interesting and fun history tour with technical camera advice at different vantage points - not an easy task to do! Indeed, we put all that we learned into getting some great shots and now we have some fantastic photos to reflect back on our amazing stay in Bruges!

Highly recommend you try the tour, even if you are beginning in photography! You will regret it if you don't! Thanks Andy, we'll be back!

6  Thank SiobhanandGordon