“Wednesday is Market Day”
Review of The Markt

The Markt
Book In Advance
$197.70*
Bruges Day Tour from Paris
$22.77*
and up
Bruges Historium All Inclusive Package: Entrance Ticket, VR Experience and a...
$16.18*
Bruges Historium Direct Entrance Ticket
Ranked #4 of 154 things to do in Bruges
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Visit the Markt on Wednesday mornings to find the charming square filled with vendors of fresh fruit, flowers, sausages, breads and pastries.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Must see in both senses of the phrase. It is the beautiful heart of Brugges, somewhat overwhelmed by the cafes, and also the inevitable route you have to take to get anywhere.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I really enjoyed a couple of the cafes in the Markt (I had my anniversary dinner with my spouse in one), and some of the buildings there are delightful (Belfort, Historium, etc.). However, because of the time of year we visited, there were a lot of concerts and festivals happening, and in the evenings, the Markt was closed off entirely to foot traffic, which was really inconvenient and kind of inappropriate, I felt, for the high tourist season. I couldn't see it as many times as I wanted to, and I think the city of Brugge should rethink that, especially on a Friday night!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Bit like walking through a museum, not sure what one will find. From modern to old. Beautiful to grotesque. We are from Southern hemisphere & do not have the history of Europe has, so where interested in old. A bit shocked about the amount & variety of stuffed dead animals, as well as the human skulls. In our culture owning dead items is tapu & brings bad luck to owner. So was quite a cultural experience.

1  Thank Gorrob
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I do not recall if this is the place where all the artist display their art to be bought but it was interesting talking to the artist and viewing all their work