“Nice, clean hotel”
Review of Jacobs Hotel

Jacobs Hotel
Ranked #77 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed July 30, 2014

It is a nice, clean hotel which is 10 min away from the center of the city.
The rooms are good in dimensions but the doors, washbasin, bathtub and the windows are a bit outdated.
The neighborhood is very quiet, the stuff is very friendly and the breakfast was great.

1  Thank Tsintzi

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel was clean and comfortable. Close to the river and just 10 minutes to the centre, for shops, restaurants and culture.
We arrived on a very hot day, but the rooms do not have air con! They offered a continental buffet breakfast, but had to select from a pre determined time slot.
No frills but not expensive either. A good choice for a weekend break.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front seem quieter than the side rooms.
1  Thank Gilly H
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The location was okay but not great. Lots of parking spaces right in front of the hotel with free parking between 8pm and 9am - and 4 hour parking during the day.
The room was small and the bathroom was tiny. The bed was awful and the pillows were worse!
The wifi hardly worked in our room (on the top floor).
The breakfast was okay at best - horrible coffee :(
The receptionist was excellent. She gave good advice and was extremely helpful :)

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

When me and my grandparents visited we were promised a ground floor room and wasn't given this instead we had a second floor room .. The wifi was terrible and the male member of staff on the evening acted like he didn't want to be there very poor and very far from the town

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Abbcoops19969
Reviewed July 17, 2014

A nice hotel in a good position, the centre of brugge is only a ten minute walk. Lots of one way streets so it may be tricky to find without a GPS but ours got us there without problems.
Staff are very friendly, helpful, and speak excellent English, their advice on where to shop and eat was welcome as restaurants in the square charge a premium. They even change your car parking permit timer for you! The included breakfast was more than expected, rooms were clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again if we return to brugge.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a pleasant hotel which has been recently refurbished and is in a practical location. The rooms are nice and modern but the beds are not the most comfortable. The breakfast room is quite grand and the staff a pleasant, Good location is you don't mind a nice 10 minutes walk to the centre.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alexbanks
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The room at this hotel suited my needs just fine for my one-night stay, small but modern and clean, and the breakfast that was included was more than generous, with pastries, crepes, breads, yogurt, several kinds of cereal, hard- and soft-boiled eggs, fruit, juices, and hot chocolate as well as coffee. The breakfast room itself is also pleasant. The standout out to me was the service. Lena, the hotel clerk, went out of her way to help me when I needed to leave on a day that the trains were on strike, as she informed me before I left the hotel to do some sightseeing. She found a train that was still scheduled to leave from Brugge to Brussels, where I would then go on to Paris. When I returned, though, she told me that she had some bad news and that there wouldn't be any trains leaving that day, that I would have to wait another day to take the train. If I had done that, though, I would have had virtually no time in Paris. As it is, I was only scheduled to be there for a little more than a day. After contacting my travel agent and finding that a flight from Brussels to Paris would be very expensive and I'd still need to find a way to Brugges, Lena let me know about a car service that would cost me less than a cab to Brussels would--and that it would take me all the way to Paris. I'm so glad that I opted for that, not only because I arrived in Paris at about the same time as I would have if I would have taken the train but also because I had such a pleasant time with Tommy, the driver, who happened to be available to drive me to Paris in his own car since no one from the car service was available. Lena even let me use her personal iPad while I waited for Tommy to arrive, and she gave us both bottles of water for the 3-hour drive to Paris. Lena also printed verification of the canceled trains so that I can send it to my travel agency and get reimbursed. It's service like that that makes me realize customer service still exists.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo