“great restaurant”

Ranked #88 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Coventry UK
“great restaurant”
Reviewed May 15, 2006

Have just returned from Brugge having had a thoroughly enjoyable 5 day break. We did not stay in the hotel but ate in the restaurant. It was the best find of the holiday. Great food at the right price and very friendly atmoshere. we would definitely eat there again.

Stayed May 2006
1 Thank bonnevillebob

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed August 1, 2005

Firstly, I checked the hostel web site with some reviews and everything seemed fine. I decided to book there, but when I came I realized everything was different.

Bad beds, lots of noise, rude attention, misinformation about times and policies. More than that, some staff tore my baggage.

Terrible!

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Bruges hotels

SF CA
Reviewed May 19, 2005

I've been to Brugge twice now and have eaten at the Passage several times. The food is excellent, along with their beer and wine, but what really made the place special is the people.

Sabine the hostess, hopefully she is still there, was so kind and seems as if she really enjoys taking care of her customers. I really enjoyed hearing her stories of travel, especially Morocco.

You won't be dissapointed eating here.

• Stayed February 2000
Reviewed February 27, 2005

Having surrendered a passport (fortunately not mine) to the security of an unlocked draw in the bar we proceeded to the 'Room'.

I disagree with the previous review, the room did not remind me of Coldiz, but rather of a Scandindinavian Red-Brick University, gone to seed. Rather than perusing Proust on well thought-out seating arrangements, the only reading material in Hotel Passage were the incoherent scribblings of backpackers on the beds and walls. I too saw the anoraked individual pacing the streets of Brugge, and would have alerted the authorities if it had not been impossible to give a description due to the fully raised hood (despite absence of rain).

My activity tip for the Hotel Passage would be: Sit on the bunk-beds drinking supermarket beers around the waste-paper bin. This activity is entirely in keeping with the ambiance and surroundings.
Bar and restaurant are very good though.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed February 24, 2005

Brugge is always a pleasant experience, none more so than after the joys of flying Ryanair to "Brussels" followed by the subsequent cross country journey. Shortly after our arrival we were to be found checking into the Hotel Passage, chosen by my friend because the name tickled his none-to-adult sense of humour.

Having checked in and left a passport in the safe hands of the owner we proceded to our dorm. At this point I was praying that my friend would stop making jokes about passages sometime before one of us died. My mood was not improved on entering the room, which brought to mind scenes from Colditz. Further inspection revealed that the sink was blocked, and previous occupants of the bed I was later to sleep in had articulated their thoughts on the owner of the hotel on the bunk beds. I was then interrupted from the contents of their mind - for want of a better word - by the arrival of the other occupant of the dorm. This individual hailed from Dublin. He wore a large raincoat all the time and had a very large rucksack that never left his shoulder. We saw him wandering around town several times that evening. He claimed that he was looking for a decent bar. But if that really was the case then he must have been blind - Brugge really does have a fine selection of bars. And despite what I have said above about the Hotel Passage, I have to say that the bar and restaurant at this establishment could not be faulted.

11 Thank LondonHughJanus
Reviewed August 22, 2004

I have just spent a weekend in Bruges staying at the Passage Hotel in the hotel side (there is also hostel accommodation). My stay was satisfactory: the service was great, my room was very clean and very comfortable. Although this is a cheap hotel and the above points provided me with good sleeps, there is one glaring weakness. The shower facilities are extremely poor. For the entire hotel side, there is only one shower stall, a very small mouldy room on the ground floor. Each room does have its own large sink with towels which is the only bearable way to clean oneself. The stench of the mould was too much for me. As long as one does not want a thorough wash, the hotel is fine.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Corvallis, OR
Reviewed April 26, 2004

The Lonely Planet said this was the nicest hostel in Brugge. We got a private room with shared bath. I don't think en-suites are available but our room had a sink. The room was fairly large with 2 huge windows. Bed was very soft (not good for my back). The showers are simply not nice. The included breakfast consisted of coffee, tea, bread jam and processed cheese. The staff was very good. We did not try the restaurant, but we did notice that it was packed in the evening. Overall we were not impressed.

1 Thank almondmountain