“Good Food---and welcoming!”
Review of Hotel Passage

Hotel Passage
Ranked #88 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were staying in a nearby hotel and were recommended to try Passage for a meal. An excellent choice! We ate here 3 nights out of 5!!
The food was good and very reasonably priced for Bruges. Rolande was a really good, caring host and had a good group of staff working with him.
Don't be afraid to eat here---the atmosphere and food are super. The ribs and Moules Frites are recommended---if you have a large appetite!!
Happy to suggest a visit to this restaurant. Thanks Rolande

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in Aug 2012. The location is fantastic and it's not so terrible for two nights but the hotel has seen better days. Our room had a private bath but the floor corners were a bit mildewy and dark. The shower had very little water pressure and you constantly had to hit the button (every min or so) so the water would turn/stay on (similar to sinks in public bathrooms). They had a shower curtain but the shower was short and the curtain too long so you end up stepping on the curtain when you shower and since it's mildewy, I slipped a few times. It should be cut to length. The matress was old and extremely lumpy. The middle had a big indention so when you laid down you rolled towards the center. Since it was hot, my husband and I found ourselves straining to not roll towards each other. The pillows seemed new but they were super thick so it was hard to sleep with your head at a 45 degree angle. Our room faced the back so it didn't get too hot in the morning (room #3) but it was very hot in the afternoon. The decor was cute but tired. The staff was very nice and helpful and provided us with a free map.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Cant comment on the accommodation, as we didn't stay here but we came to eat here and the food was delicious. I had the pork ribs which was a big meal and I was starving. Awesome sauce too. My partner had the lamb chops which were also delicious. You will not be disappointed if you order either of these meals. The staff were very friendly too. A nice experience.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed nearby and he hotel recommend the passage on our first night. Excellent food, very relaxed environment. Good value and friendly staff. Well worth a visit

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Surferboy66
Reviewed April 20, 2012

i can't comment on the hotel as we didn't stay there but the restaurant was superb we went there around 3 weeks ago and then we searched for around 3 days last weekend to find it again and wasn't disappointed

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hostel had a good location, it wasnt the freshest hostel of our trip however it was one of our first on our trip and our predispositions about hostels possibly improve what we remember about this place as it was better than we thought a hostel would be.

I would not have dorm room here as they are tiny, but then again if you are literally just crashing it wouldnt be so bad however, our fellow occupants snored their head off and the price really wasnt that much difference for private rooms in the city.The hotel was not that clean and was rather open so I am guessing it would not have been hard for thefts to grab some possessions however we always kept ours with us at all times. The bathrooms and showers were rather far away from the rooms making it difficult to 'nip' to the toilet in the middle of the night, not great for a foreign city.

I would have perhaps liked to have stayed somewhere a bit more cultural for a better experience as we really enjoyed this aspect of Bruges and it would have been nice to have that in the hotel also.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

It was my first time to arrange a trip and book a hostel so I naturally didn't really know what I was doing and I led my friends and myself choose the cheapest hostel since I thought, how bad could it be? the pictures looked nice.

But these were only photos and they didn't match the place at all. The hostel wasn't clean and it was quite uncomfortable to sleep because you can hear EVERYTHING especially the bar downstairs and people running up and down the stairway. The bathrooms and rooms had no locks (and the shower door also had no locks). Showers and toilets were separate and toilets were shared with the customers downstairs so cleanliness wasn't really there. If you value privacy too, don't expect to get it because the rooms are also shared. Well I guess a good thing was they had lots of nice maps for youths and the lady was friendly but that was it. We won't be staying here again as it was uncomfortable and security was not assured.

Location was nice, it was near everything.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends