Floris Karos Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Academie Hotel(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$176
$170
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Duc de Bourgogne(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Breakfast included
Flanders Hotel(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$115
  • Pool
1,235 results
All reviewsswimming poolplay area for childrensmall gymminute walkscrambled eggs and baconfree upgradecommunal areastea and coffee facilitiesmain roadcold meatscroissantsfamily roombreakfast stafflovely hotelcontinental breakfastnice sizetown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We spent 3 nights here and I thought it was just OK. The lobby is really nice but the rooms were average. We had to run the water for 10 minutes to get hot water in the shower. The tub/shower could use a little upgrading. The breakfast had kids running around everywhere which I guess is ok for families but pretty noisy otherwise. The bed was hard and the pillows horrible.I felt the staff were pretty much unfriendly and didn't go out of their way to make us feel welcome. I would't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Floris Karos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Grant & Wendy,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experiences within our walls.
Children's laughter always makes me happy and I'm truly sorry you experienced this to be disturbing. I honestly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again one day and to prove to you that we always do our best to make all our guests feel equally welcome.

Warm regards.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel didn't really have anything to offer. It was neither near the station, or in the middle of the old city.

It was cheap and the rooms were clean, but there was no character to the hotel and it was all a bit boring.

There is really nothing much else to say! I would rather pay a few quid more and get a charming room in the middle of town than stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JamesypOxford

Dear James,

thank you for sharing your experiences within our walls. Needless to say it leaves me with a bad feeling as I truly don't understand why exactly you find our hotel to be "a bit dull". Our hotel is within walking distance of the city center (just a 3minute walk away!) and offers a trendy lounge with bar, open fire place for those cold evenings, iMac with FREE internet connection, FREE Wi-Fi, an entertainment corner with Xbox , games, DVDs and much more....a small fitness and heated indoor swimming pool! In other words: good value for money.

Best regards.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

great stay lovely clean rooms great facilities,,
could of done with tea and coffee facilities in the room that did not spoil the stay, staff really friendly the reception area fantastic nice chill out area would definitely stay again

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank rickygee146
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Floris Karos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor this nice feedback about your recent stay at Floris Karos, Bruges. We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed the services of our staff, as well as the location of the hotel.

Hoping to welcome you once again, very soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice location and friendly chilled hotel. Very good value for money and would stay again on a return to Bruges. Small pool but warm and big enough for a swim and relax after a day touring the local sites. Could do with tea and coffee facilities in all rooms but not the end of the world.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for having posted your comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read you would stay again on return to Bruges! Don’t hesitate to contact me directly when doing so, it will be my personal pleasure ensuring you have a memorable stay once again. We indeed don’t offer tea and coffee facilities, most European hotels actually don’t but we do have a trendy lounge bar where guests can enjoy a drink!

Best regards

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I got a package deal with this less than impressive hotel. The receptionist came across slightly odd and hasn't mastered the art of sarcasm. We asked for a free upgrade if that was possible. He first asked us 'if we were very much in love'. I went on to tell him that we rarely stay in hotels as we have a van, he seemed to just ignore me but then said 'what was that you stay in a van, oh because it says here your email was sent by iPad.'
I was baffled, making comments like that about what I spend my money on is plain rude. The room was all right, but no tea/coffee making facilities, but the package said superior room. Perhaps this free upgrade was a downgrade. The package also included a trip to 'choco story' and visit to chocolate Galler with small chocolate tasting, the receptionist didn't seem to know about the latter. He even said 'I wish I knew, I love choclate' IT'S YOUR JOB TO KNOW!!!! I love chocolate too that why I booked this package.
The lobby was stinking but we only passed through on our way out in the mornings and back at night. With regards to the other older reception man, I smiled at him and he looked down! You can't even offer up a smile!
When we checked out we weren't asked how was our stay. A muffled good morning and here's your bill, by a women this time. In the lobby it says that you get a free drink if you leave a review, of course this wasn't offered, but you'd have to pay me to stand in that smelly lobby with the rudest staff in Europe.
On the plus side Bruges is excellent. If you're thinking about booking this 'forget love, fall in chocolate instead' package or indeed this hotel then trust me think again. Hostels are the way to go or couch surfing with a local.

Looking forward to my free drink when I return. (extrem sarcasm!)

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eimslynch

Dear,

The Floris Hotel Collection objects to large parts of this review in general and especially the "sarcasm" comment. It is entirely against our policy to be rude in any kind of way towards our guests and we highly value this standard. If this would have really occurred I truly feel sorry that you have not taken up these matters to the management during your stay itself as we would have been able to address the matter more appropriately.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you like to discuss the matter.
Warm regards.