“Not the best chocolatier” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dumon Chocolatier
Ranked #5 of 74 Shopping in Bruges
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Not the best chocolatier”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Found the chocolate not as good as some other shops like 'The Line Chocolate'. The texture is not as smooth and the cocoa flavor is not as rich and aromatic. Overall feeling is that this chocolatier is rather commercialize.

1 Thank D24d24

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Nice..but found expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Dumon Chocolates are mentioned in Rick Steves book...sure the chocolates are some of the best I have tasted...but Rick Steves mentioned only one shop...

there are 2 shops...the 2nd shop is on the other side near the Church of our Lady...and is called "Stephen Dumon"...not sure if the son is separated or this a part of the chain...

What we found is the shop was much more flashy than that described in the book...

Also found it was pretty expensive that what is mentioned..i think it was about 40 Euros per kilo..or more than that...maybe its the flashy look and maybe its new branding...

but we gave these chocs to our family and friends and they loved it...

Phoenix, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

These are some of the best chocolates I had in my life so far, and I had my fair share. :) We stumbled upon the small store on Walstraat after visiting the brewery. The lady in the store was welcoming, but maybe a little "harsh" in the beginning. She asked us to not touch the chocolates, due to the body heat melting the chocolates. (In my opinion it's a quiet reasonable and understandable request). So we just didn't touch any of them, and the lady was very helpful in selecting our chocolates and letting us taste some. We actually went back to the store a second time to purchase more. The quality of the chocolates is amazing, it's fine and very smooth. Yes, some are very sweet, but it's chocolate and of course the pralines are going to have a sweet filling. However, they also make dark chocolates, which isn't as sweet of course if you prefer that. We brought these chocolates to some of our family members and every body loved them so far! We went to many other stores but I think Dumon is the best out of all of them!

Austin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Choco Choco lover!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently came back from my European vacation and wanted to say that this is the best city for CHOCOLATES!! Brugge was absolutely cute and quaint. The chocolates all over this city was excellent. However, Dumon was the BEST! The service was lovely and the grandson was cute! The grandmother packed my little tin can full of dark chocolates! Let me say these little treasures make my day after work!

The truffle like to liquor filled ones are all tasty!
The modern store is nice;however, if you want old charm, the little house is the best. It is packed but well worth it. The cost of my box was 22 euros for full of goodies!

Visited September 2013
Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Chocolates Amazing Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Dumon has now three shops in Brugge and we went to a tiny one near where our tour guide dropped us off to explore on our own. The lady in the shop was very attentive spoke perfect English and laughed and joked with us. The chocolates are not the cheapest in Brugge but then we did not want a cheap experience, we wanted luxury, and we got it. The quality was something I have never tasted before, you savored every mouthful and allowed your taste buds to transport you somewhere special.

Visited September 2013