Hotel Prinsenhof Bruges
$93
Agoda.com
$136
2,378 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathturn down serviceweather forecastquiet streetside streetwonderful hotelmain shoppingsuperior roomsmall hotellittle toucheschampagne breakfastcar parkreception staffmain buildingwould highly recommend this hotelbeautiful citylovely room
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the Hotel Prinsenhof and we're delighted with our choice. The hotel is tucked down a little side street, but very near to all the sights. It was very quiet and a haven to return to after a hot day sightseeing. The breakfast was lovely and the service very friendly and attentive. We have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world and usually have to turn off the air-con at night as it is too noisy, but here the air-con was virtually silent. Marvellous!

We would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank denros
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our trip encompassed a great deal of Belgium and part of France, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands. We stayed at the Hotel Princenhof for two nights. The service was exemplary. The hotel staffed helped us rent a car from Avis so that we could visit Westvletren. The price was reasonable. We asked about Flemish restaurants after our exhausting day trip, and the staff recommended a wonderful, romantic restaurant and gave us a card to enjoy a free (albeit small) glass of bubbly as an apertif. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bruges.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura A
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel is very popular, and I can see why. It was very good for us too, except it fell down continuously on service. Let me explain.
Upon arrival we went to reception to check in, as everyone has to. No one was about. We rang the bell. Nothing. Then a receptionist appeared, swanned past us into reception without saying a word and continued to talk to another couple (who were ahead of us) for 5 minutes or so about the town of Bruges. My wife and I looked at each other, didn’t say anything (unlike us!) but went with it. Then it was our turn to check in, and the girl was great. And she went through the same procedure obviously as the previous couple. Not only checking us in but taking us to our room and telling us about Bruges and things to do. And here’s the rub – while doing this for us 2 couples were waiting behind us and she completely ignored them also. So it wasn’t just us she ignored, it was everyone. As someone who deals with customers every day, wouldn’t it have been easy just to say to us (and the other 2 waiting couples) something along the lines of “I’ll be with you as soon as I’ve finished here”. Anything really to acknowledge us, that’s all. The fact she didn’t seemed just plain weird. Is it the Belgians! Or just her? I don’t know and don’t really care; all I do know was that it was a terrible start and first impression of this hotel.
The good about this hotel was the décor and position. It’s positioned in a very quiet road close to the best bits of Bruges, and the hotel itself is lovely, in a boutique type of way. I really liked it, but some won’t. If you think boutique you’ll know what to expect.
The rooms are great too, although definitely on the small side. Lovely big, wide bed, very comfortable and great air con also. A big screen TV (that shows some BBC channels) is right in front of the bed so that was good. A very nice bathroom finished off what was an excellently thought out room. But here’s another issue I came across. We wanted room service and so tried to ring down from the in-room phone. It wasn’t working, so I popped down the 3 floors and told reception and placed my order. Again, their reaction seemed to tell me they had no idea how to deal with a problem. When I reported the fault I got a blank look and an “ok” and that was it. No “sorry”, no “we’ll get it fixed” etc, just a blank look and a non-caring attitude. During our 2-day stay I wanted room service 3 times and each time I had to wander downstairs just to place an order. When we left we again reported the broken phone and again all we got was “ok”. No apology again and really they couldn’t have cared. Very odd. As I said earlier, was it the Belgian attitude? Or just these particular staff members? I’ll never know because I won’t return but it was a real shame as the hotel was excellent.
The reception staff could take a lesson from the very extrovert lady who does breakfast. Whenever she was busy she never forgot to acknowledge people who had just arrived. Everyone loved her and she ran a very tight ship.

Also, I would recommend anyone who uses the hotel’s car park (only 6 spaces) NOT to hand reception their car keys. This was requested of me as it’s “standard procedure” and “security” but I refused. Again this put them out and they didn’t know how to react. I refused because I have an expensive car and also because my insurance carries a “key policy”, as does most other car insurance. If any damage is done to the car and you have voluntarily given up your keys to another driver your insurance in invalid. You would have to be certain the hotel has insurance to cover any damage, and how can you know? Especially as this is a small family run hotel and I should imagine this insurance is very expensive for any hotel.
Finally, I actually would recommend this hotel. The big things are done right, but I would very much tell everyone that service is just a bit weird and needs improving. And to everyone who works in a hotel, “sorry” works wonders!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Teamtango
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Prinsenhoff just before Christmas. And thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

We came to Bruges for the Christmas market which was a little disappointing but the hotel made up for it. A very cosy living room with an open fire and Christmas tree greeted us as checked in. The room wasn't huge but very comfy with a nice bathroom with a great walk in shower and spa bath.

Breakfast was a continental style with a good range of cold meats and cheese and even champagne for the indulgent.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We started our short trip through Belgium and Luxembourg in Bruges, staying at Prinsenhof. A word that repeatedly came to our minds whilst staying at Prinsenhof was ambience.

The personnel greeted us very warmly. Throughout the stay, what we liked was the repeated checking by the personnel if everything was ok: at reception, by the bar, at breakfast... using the simple free phrases that all the more are forgotten at many hotels. The personnel here was really going the extra mile for you.

For arriving, it is good to use a navigation system. We had reserved a parking space with them for 16€ per day, which I strongly recommend. You drive upfront, from where they take the car and park it for you.

The hotel has a boutique style. The Superior Deluxe room was cosy, had a lovely bed, a small balcony with two chairs, and bath and toilets by Villeroy & Boch. Although it is centrally located, it was a very silent hotel.

The breakfast was excellent, with a great variety of items to choose from, for both those who want a heavier or a lighter breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, salmon, meats, cheeses, fruits, various juices, sweet pastries...

The only two things which we did not like, was that the bathtub did have quite a few dark hairs in it, so before taking a bath, we cleaned ourselves the bathtub off the hair; and when my husband wanted to take a cognac from the minibar, the cognac glass was rather dirty, so he chose another type of glass. These two things indicated some issues though with cleaning at the hotel.

However, overall we liked the place. What we do recommend if you go to Bruges, is to take the boat tour for 7,50€ (which is cheap considering similar boating sightseeing in other European cities), and taking the car out to see the Knokke-Heist area (apparently known as the St. Tropez of Belgium).

From here we continued to Namur and Clervaux, through also the towns and villages of Dinant, Esch-sur-Sure and Vianden, which we can recommend, if you are out on a roadtrip.

Room Tip: Superior Deluxe was spacious enough and had a small balcony with two chairs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple