“Beautiful.”

Private Medieval Tour With a Local Guide in Bruges
Ranked #17 of 152 things to do in Bruges
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The 115 metres high brick tower of the Church of Our Lady is a perfect illustration of the craftsmanship of Bruges' artisans. The church displays a valuable art collection: Michelangelo's world-famous Madonna and Child, countless paintings, 13th-century painted sepulchres and the tombs of Mary of Burgundy and Charles the Bold.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Bangkok, Thailand
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Beautiful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

First of all, I know very little about christianity or its related story, so this review is based on "visual" perspective only.

The entrance fee is 4 Euros which is acceptable for me. After walking inside the church, I was stunned for a few seconds on how beautiful it is. The decoration of the church made me feel calm and peaceful immediately after getting inside. All the statues are beautiful and gave me the sense of peace. I spent around 30-40 minutes inside walking around slowly and felt very good about this place. I would highly recommend anyone who visit Brugge to go to this church.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Stunning!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

just come back today from Bruges and thought i would write a review on the experience me and my wife encountered.

went with P.O ferries from Hull for a cost of £118 which included the crossing,breakfast,outside cabin,transfers, it takes around 30 minutes to get to the city.
the city is fantastic loads of gorgeous sites and shops and bistro's now onto the church!!
on entering the church i was met with the most truly wonderful choir singing that i have ever heard in my entire life i actually was filled with tears and emotions that i have not felt in all my life i had to sit down and get myself together.
like somone as stated it is 1 euro for lighting a candle to remember a loved one 1 euro is not much too ask for it it?
please do go and a feel the same feeling i felt.
also please go to the Park restaurant i could not make it but read the reviews they are fantastic.

2 Thank albefuiraman
Leeds England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

We`ve visited this church every time we visited Brugges over the last 12 years to pray reflect and light candles. This year we were told we weretold we would have to pay 4 euros each for the privilige of entering the house of God, Told it was to bring more money into the city!!

Visited December 2011
2 Thank DebsLeedsEngland
Phoenix, AZ
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Brugge Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

From the outside, you'd think this was a small church. Walk up the stairs and you're shocked to see a stunning basillica. The alter, ceiling and stained glass windows are breathtaking!

Visited December 2011
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Solemn and gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Church of Notre Dame (Our Lady) is one of a must-stop places in Bruges with Michelangelo's The Bruges Madonna and Child.