“Nothing divine in this cuisine... Try another one”
Review of Kwizien Divien

Kwizien Divien
Ranked #228 of 756 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located next to the Belfry of Bruges, Kwizien Divien offers a modern Belgian and French cuisine, based on local ingredients. The menu offers fish, meat, and vegetarian dishes, various menu formulas, and Flemish specialties. Indoor and outdoor seating. Open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Went to Kwizien Divien past Saturday, as the restaurant was mentioned in Gault Millau Belgium. Before taking the orders, the waiter mentioned that the 'cuisine' requires that we do not choose more than two different meals per course for the table. A bit curious, all the more so as only 4 or 5 tables (out of 20 maybe) we occupied. We should have stopped it at that stage and left for another restaurant with a less lazy cook. We had duck filet as a main course, which unfortunately appeared to be as tender as the sole of our shoes. I mentioned it to the waiter, whose only reaction was to tell us that "normally it should be tender". Full stop. No offer to replace the meals, no excuse, not even a coffee offered or any consideration from waiter or from the chef. The best at the end: when willing to pay the bill with my credit card, the waiter mentioned that the card terminal ist not working (seems to be a chronical issue in the city, everybody prefers cash and has no terminal or a terminal out of service -must be tax driven), and that I have to follow to the hotel reception. I told him that this is not necessary, as I don't have to input any code in the terminal but just have to sign the ticket. However he insisted that I follow. I finally understood why: when confirming the payment, the terminal prompts you to give a tip for the service. This was obviously the only reason why I could not stay at my table. Finally I paid my bill, left no tip, neither on the terminal nor in cash, and will certainly never eat there any more.

1  Thank David F

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

The interior is oke, the waiters nails are dirty , he is very slow , can't work in a restaurant . Food was cold and no taste. They use 1 kitchen for the hotel and the restaurant. We waited between the first course and the main dish 1hour and 40 minutes !
There are way better options in Brugge.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Leave your hopes if you enter. We waited for an hour just to have a piece of meat. There was only a waiter for the entire restaurant (an old, very slow, man with a big belly). Lost of people left the tables before they could have the possobility to order... Really discreditable! At the end of dinner we had to go to another building to pay with card because they don't have pos payment in the restaurant. They didn't accept my debit card (maestro) that I used *everywhere* in Bruges and in the rest of the world. After the third try, one of the man (I think he was the director of the restaurant) makes a very offensive joke about the italian people. We looked at him in silence, took out the credit card and paid with it. We won't back. This is for sure Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Ok having read the prior reviews and based on my experience I wpuld recommend you to never visit this place. We went here on the 14th of feb... we waited for around 10 mins to be seated despite the restaurant being half full, then a further 15 mins waiting for a menu, after around 10 mins choosing what we wanted we then waited 15 min for the waiter to return. I might add during this time around 2 couples complained and upon asking them if they would recommend they told us that they had been there for 4 hours !!! And had only just had a main. I was just about ready to leave however as we were very hungry we opted to go for a fast light meal. As I went to order the waiter told me that the menu he had handed me was not available. ... he did not apologise and was very rude as if we were wasting his time. We left and the other people in there were holding there heads in there hands. Its truly terrible... in fact worse than terrible if you are eating out in bruges there are so many better places... hell even the croquette snack bar in the markt beats this place hands down. In one word summming up.... AVOID !

1  Thank Kent_Foody_28
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Having just climbed the bellfry in the Peak of summer we were keen for a drink. This restaurant was a little quieter and just off the main square in Bruges so we settled here to initially quench our thirst then all going well get ourselves some lunch. Nothing went well. We took our seats and were greeted by the waiter who then never returned to even take our order for another 15 minutes. When he finally did take our order we ordered a beer each(3) and a sparkling water to share. The drinks took forever to arrive and finally did so just as we were about to get up and leave. We picked a seat in the shade and by the time we got our drinks the sun had moved position and we were no longer in the shade. The place was in no way busy so there is no excuse for such poor service. People at the table seated next to us waited an hour for their food and when questioning the waiter he became very defensive and didn't apologise for the delay at all. Our group never ordered food in the end based entirely on the service.

1  Thank Woody851