whenever I leant out of the hotel window after 10am. By this time, the tourist boats were passing by this, the prettiest spot on the canal, snapping away. Everyone waved and took my photo. While this might not suit you if you actually are a movie star, for ordinary mortals like me this was quite good fun, and when I got bored I could easily sit back in our lovely comfortable room and take in the lovely view.
Our room had a full view of the canal, and as this is the main reason why this hotel is expensive, you might as well splurge out on one of these - and once you are paying this much for the room, you might as well enjoy the view from canal level at breakfast too even though this is pricey too. (The cooked eggs and the waffles were particularly tasty.)
The hotel is in a lovely central location, the rooms are comfortable and pretty, well sound-proofed, cool, though ours was smallish. There was however tons of wardrobe space and proper wooden hangers (rather than those irritating ones that don't have a hook on top). And the wifi was excellent in the room.
The staff are helpful and friendly. I never saw anyone in the public rooms, apart from the cleaner! They provided complementary mineral water - my only criticism is that you had to ask for it - it wasn't replenished automatically.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic boutique hotel housed in extraordinary waterfront residence, decorated with antiques, objects of art and luxurious fabrics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce - Luxe Worldwide Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Bruges
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Hotel Bruges