“Absolutely Fantastic!!”

Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce - Luxe Worldwide Hotel
Ranked #4 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My boyfriend wanted to book a great hotel for my first trip to Bruges, and this place was the place!! Completely charming and beautiful and the staff was perfect!! (Especially Frederik!!) Great location right in the heart of the city! I could not have been happier with our stay here. All of the vintage Louis Vuitton trunks were a great touch and our room was stunning!

4  Thank Barbara P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We fell in love with Brugge/Bruges/Bruge (you choose!) a couple of years ago when we did a road trip through Europe and stopped off for lunch.

So for our first anniversary we decided we should stay for a weekend and this hotel was ideal for us.

I originally booked a standard room but closer to the time I was a little concerned that it might be too small and wouldn’t have a nice view so I enquired about upgrading – unfortunately they were fully booked.

I needn’t have worried though – our room (25) was delightful, not too small and we even had a partial view onto the canals from a side window!! I was very happy indeed and would recommend room 25 if you want a standard room.

The hotel has lots of character and is tucked down a side alleyway right next to the canal – the perfect location to explore Brugge.

All the staff that we encountered were friendly and efficent - nothing was too much trouble. Especially the lady that met us on our arrival (I didn’t catch her name but she deseves recognition from the management team) and she also guided us to their car park.

Breakfast was a bit average to be honest – my scrambled eggs were not good and I noticed the couple next to us didn’t even touch their eggs and bacon. I suspect they were understaffed that day as the lady that greeted us at the hotel was the only waitress for all the tables and boy was she working hard to keep up!

My only other minor criticism would be the lack of room service – on our second day we decided to have a lazy afternoon in the room and wanted some food/snacks but they only serve drinks in the room not food.

Overall I would describe it as a good 4 star hotel and if you like staying in small boutique hotels with lots of history/character and friendly staff then you will enjoy this hotel.

Room Tip: For a standard room ask for room 25 - it's a decent size and even has a partial view on to the c...
1  Thank ryanpa_UK
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked this fantastic hotel for my girlfriend's birthday, staying a couple of nights. We had a great room overlooking the canal and we were wowed by the hotel, setting and ambience immediately.
The excellent staff helped me arrange a surprise bouquet of flowers, were always on hand for sightseeing tips, and even gave my girlfriend a present!
We were impressed by the interior design, art collection, room, location and would definitely go back. I don't think there can be a better hotel in Bruges! An absolutely perfect little break away.

5  Thank Jerome W
Reviewed June 16, 2013

On arrival at the hotel, by car, we were accompanied to the very secure car park a couple of blocks away to park for the duration of our stay. Parking is precious in Bruges, and this made life very easy during our stay! The staff are fantastic, very helpful, nothing is too much trouble. They will offer tips for sightseeing if requested, and are very happy to give any advice, even about the different types of beer! Our room was spacious and very tastefully decorated. Plenty of room, very nice furnishings, in keeping with period style, with a spacious bathroom and a good size bathtub. Bed very very comfortable. We had a side view (above the entrance door) and didn't feel that we missed out by not having a direct canal view. Breakfast here is expensive, but is very nice, and not to be rushed. you can sit watching on the swans on the canal - we were watching a cormorant diving, and swimming under the water. The hotel has a fantastic location - on a cobbled shopping street, 2 minutes walk from Market Square,1 minute walk to the canal tour, another minute to some lovely bar Overlooking the canal, and then another moment to the fish market. We dined one evening at the 'hotel' restaurant, a 5 minute walk to the church of our lady. Food was very nice, not too expensive,and not too busy here either. We ate outside overlooking the beautiful church. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and the standard room - as we had - is absolutely fine - no need, in our opinion, to spend money on an upgrade - Bruges will be expensive enough already! Oh , and by the way,this is the hotel where the 2 gangsters stayed in the film "In Bruges" ;-)

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TJW_Woking
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at this beautiful hotel for only one night. I knew that this hotel would be 'nice' I just did not realize HOW nice it would be .... From start to finish the accommodation and service was amazing. The location is simply awesome and the general vibe and ambiance was 5 star!!! We were well looked after and the Frederic, who was at reception, was extremely helpful and hospitable. A trip to Brugge without staying here would be a mistake.
Many thanks

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank 23,041,972
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent hotel, beautiful location, beautiful rooms, the staff are excellent they can not help you enough soo friendly it made our stay there perfect. We went bank holiday weekend and i would go back again! We were there for 4 days and stayed in room 12. It was the deluxe room and worth every penny! nice big rooms and lovely big bath :)

Room Tip: If you want a canal view room 10 has it.... we were in room 12 and so we didn't get a view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Azzo30
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The room was gorgeous, the staff was lovely and the breakfast was delicious! Even having tea in the afternoon was a great experience! Location is ideal. Definitely worth the price to pay for the view over the river.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the price to pay for the view over the river.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple