Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce - Luxe Worldwide Hotel
$207
$195
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Duc de Bourgogne(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Breakfast included
Flanders Hotel(Bruges)(Great Value!)
$115
  • Pool
1,183 results
All reviewsbeautiful hotelmaria van bourgondielouis vuittonoverlooking the canalmarble bathroombelgian wafflesboutique hotelfairy taletea roomstandard roombeer wallperfect locationour honeymoonglass of champagnehighly recommend this hoteltop floorold world charm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was in Belgium on business but made a few days for personal travel with my wife. First of all, the town of Brugge is just beautiful. We wanted to stay close to the city center so we chose this hotel. (I won't lie, we saw the movie "In Bruges" and were influenced by it to stay there)... Even with GPS, getting to the hotel due to the street arrangements is not the easiest so plan in advance. But the challenge is part of my compliment... I parked at a deck and walked to the hotel. The moment I arrived, Frederick and Isabel (spelling?) were so genuine and welcoming, Frederick insisted on walking back in the cool weather to the parking deck and driving me to the private hotel parking. What a great impression they left on us regarding the hotel and the city. And then later that night, Johan (spelling?) was equally welcoming with restaurant ideas. We stayed in a Class Room (#21). I was glad we spent a little more on that room because I thougth the canal view was well worth it. Of course the rooms are not huge but that was not a drawback at all due to it's beauty, style and scenery. I have nothing but fond memories, compliments to the owners and staff and look forward to going back some day.

Room Tip: We loved the canal view. I actually took a good photo of my wife from the hotel window. I walked over to the "canal tour station" and she opened the window for a great picture. Room #21.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank JimmyT49
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having always stated that I would never go to the same city repeatedly as there are just so many to see...I would make exception to visit and stay in this hotel again. We watched 'In Bruges' last night and laughed at how much of the hotel is incorporated into the film, although I think they have updated the rooms since the film ours was much brighter.

Outstanding and perfectly located. We stayed for 2 nights in mid march it was freezing but the hotel was toasty warm which added to our appreciation of it. The room we were given was room 15, a standard room at the rear of the hotel on the first floor with pink floral wallpaper. We weren't directly on the canal but we still had a good view of it through a small window in the room which was great. The room was much much larger than we both expected, given the other reviews we read. Loved the small coridoor to get to the bathroom was also large although we did find at one occasion we ran out of hot water whilst having a shower, it only happened once and though it might have been our fault for the time of it. You could hear other tourists walking down the cul-de-sac to get the famous view of the canal but nothing that bothered us and we managed to sleep in. Certainly no road noise.

We can't recommend this hotel enough, staff were very helpful, breakfast was good even though extravagant for what you actually get, we opted for local faire the second morning but now wish i had gone for the waffles in the hotel. Staff had lots of great suggestions for restaurants....Christophe (Garenmarkt 34, 8000 Brugge) was just outstanding food and open late (til 1am on a Sunday night?!). We wanted to go there for lunch the following day but are only open for dinner. It is slightly off the beaten track but full of locals always a great sign (still only4-5mins walk for the hotel)

Amazing stay in Bruges thanks to a fantastic Hotel and staff...Thank you.

Room Tip: If you want a room right on the canal your room will be smaller. Room 15 has a small window allowing you to see the canal. To be honest I would have been happy in the cellar if they had one.
2  Thank OliandVix
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Within easy walking distance of the historic town centre, Bourgondisch Cruyce is small and stylish, with 16 rooms. We stayed in a Classic Room (No. 21) which is tastefully decorated in neutral colours and overlooks the picturesque canal. It has a marble bathroom with shower, a range of toiletries, hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers, kingsize bed with tons of pillows, air-conditioning, flat-screen TV and telephone. The hotel has a bar, tea room, 24hr reception desk and room & luggage service, laundry/drycleaning service, wifi/copy/fax, and can help you plan excursions and guided tours. Their restaurant, the Maria van Bourgondiëlaan, is a short walk away. The Continental breakfast (Euros 38 for two) - served in the beautifully decorated breakfast room with open fireplace and overlooking the canal - was plentiful and fresh, with the option of a fresh sugar-dusted waffle (no offer of champagne, though!). A cooked breakfast is available if required. The staff were friendly and courteous and made us feel very welcome. Would definitely stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: Classic or Superior Classic rooms have canal view - go for these if your budget allows.
3  Thank Bluesky91
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed for two nights in one of the canal view rooms. Amazing boutique hotel, with gorgeous decor from the moment you lay eyes on it. Beautiful facade, with a lovely view from the courtyard. The reception area is small but welcoming and decorated in a very stylish manner. The staff are very welcoming. The room itself isn't large, but it is perfect for two. There is a amazingly comfy king size bed with about a million pillows and a double sink in the marble bathroom. The only drawback to the canal side room is the tourist boats that pass by with commentary, but I wouldn't let that deter me from booking the same room again. We only noticed it a little in the mornings. We didn't eat breakfast so can't comment on that. The wifi is free & works well. You are about 2 mins walk from Markt and from everything really, as Bruges is so small. All in all an amazing stay in Bruges and I would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: The canal side rooms are lovely as you have a nice view & also you can photograph your window from the bridge!
2  Thank PsychLou
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Amazing hotel, my new wife and I stayed here on our long weekend Honeymoon and loved every bit. We didn't know until a few days before that it was the hotel used in "In Bruge" but that just added to how great it was. We had their romance package and the quality of everything from the Chocolate and Champagne on arrival to the 3 course meal in the Maria van Bourgondiëlaan, which had the best Steak and Prawns I've ever tasted.
I can't believe the quality of the furnishings and the staff were very helpful and welcoming. The bed was out of this world, the bath was amazing and we both looked forward to breakfast each day to have some of that Belgium hot chocolate.
If you're having a luxury weekend in a beautiful city, this is where you want to stay.

Room Tip: We had the Superior Classic room, which overlooked the canal
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple