“Excellent value for money. Charming”

Hotel 't Keizershof
Ranked #76 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money. Charming”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stumbled across this hotel almost by accident as we trudged Bruges looking for a hotel with parking. It is considerably cheaper than most of other hotels (€45 P.N. for two, in October 2012)

Rooms are very basic but spotless. Hotel is very charming and owners very helpful, offering info on where to go in Bruges. Very quiet at night - a bonus for any light sleepers. Breakfast consisted of lots of bread, pastries and coffee. I really don't think you would find as cheap a deal anywhere else - and the free WIFI and free onsite parking tipped the balance for us.

Located five minutes walk from the centre of Bruges.

Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jamie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Antwerpen
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed there several times. Hotel is basic but very clean. They offer a ' jammy' breakfast, free WIFI ( unlike other more expensive hotels ) & free parking. Excellent location. Like their motto " Spend a night, not a fortune ".

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Copenhagen
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Price was very low... but the cost doesn't justify the the brusqueness one encounters when staying here. When I booked I was asked when I would be arriving, When I said late afternoon, the owners were very suspicious that we would not show up, so they insisted I call at a specific hour on the day of arrival to promise I would come. I did this of course, but again on the phone they were super unfriendly about the whole thing,

I would be less annoyed about the hosting style if the hotel itself justified it. Heating was kept extremely low so the toilet was freezing, the rooms smelled like grandma's house, and there were signs abound chastising this and that. Checkout is at 10:45 as well. All and all a place that was neither cozy nor friendly. Not a nightmare, but not recommended either.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Dennis B
hildestefaan, Manager at Hotel 't Keizershof, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear sir,
Unlike most hotels we don 't ask for a deposit, any prepayments, credit
/ bankcarddetails. That 's why we asked to reconfirm your reservation in the morning on your arrival day. We feel it is very important to be friendly to hotel guests at all times. Sorry if we did n't sounded friendly enough to you.Our toilet on the floor maybe felt a bit cold during that cold winterweek. Ofcourse we air our rooms everyday during and after cleaning. 'IF' there was smell in your room, maybe it came from people who smoked ( not allowed ) or cooked in your room the night before. We do have a small list hanging in every room with acceptable do's and don'ts, such as eco-tips. Check out time is at 10h45. On request we 're ready to make exceptions. My wife is cleaning the rooms 7/7 alone, she tries to start a bit early. Check in is possible from 12h00! I 'm afraid for 10 Euro more ( your title ) you won 't have free WIFI & parking included. Thanks for reading : ) Stefaan Vandooren
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I originally stayed here 8 years ago. I appeared late one evening on the door step and the owner provided me a room. I returned again in December, same owner and wife. Refined and considerate. I had the same room #8(electric plug by mirror needs replacing, broken ground plug stuck in socket) on the back top floor, my brother and nephew shared a 2 (twin beds) on the front. Rooms are very basic yet clean, shared bathroom, I never had to compete to use as a early riser. Enjoy coffee or tea and bread for a light breakfast by the fireplace before venturing out.
The owners very helpful with advice for Brugge and our continued travel to Volendam Holland. Okay folks this is real Europe as it used to be, It is not high end but nether are the prices. If you are looking for high end go elsewhere. If you are humble in nature you will reflect positively about this experience in the future and return as I did. My appreciation to the hard working Inn Keepers. Don't change a thing except maybe upgrade the linens. Be considerate and conserve electricity, so the owners may maintain low prices. Hello to "Ralf" the friendly Irish Setter.

Room Tip: They speak English
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank timewarptravel
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here over New Year's Eve and it was such a pleasant stay, and excellent for the value. We booked late for a holiday and were glad to stay in the small "backpacker's" room with 2 single beds. It's a tiny room, and modest, but fine for us. It was very quiet and the innkeepers were so friendly. The breakfast was filling and offered a nice variety of breads, pastries and spreads. Highly recommended! We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: The backpacker room is tiny but workable for 2 people. The other rooms with double beds looked very...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We were welcomed warmly as we arrived after a long day of plane flights and train rides. It's a short walk from the train station so we didn't have far to drag our bags. It's a no-frills hotel, but it's a good value. It reminded us of places we stayed on our honeymoon. It's very close to the major sightseeing venues. Our ratings were based on what you expect for the price.

• Stayed November 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Although this is a basic hotel, I thought the value was excellent, especially with breakfast included. The room was basic, and a little old-fashioned, but generally clean and included a washbasin. The shower-room and toilet were shared, though in such a small hotel this caused us no problems, and were clean and in good order.. It was around a ten minute walk into the centre, and with free parking too, it's hard to go wrong staying here.

I found the bed a little soft, but for 45€ with breakfast and parking included, its hard to find fault, especially for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple