“Not to be missed.”

Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited Prestige for brunch. The ambience is small but elegant and very clean. The service is friendly and professional. The pastries are to die for and the cooked breakfast is delicious. I would certainly want to visit again on my next trip to Brugge.

1  Thank EIC

Reviewed January 2, 2014

OK so it's probably our own fault for being suckered into a blatant tourist trap, but caught in the worst kind of horizontal rain we jumped at the first place we guessed would serve a hot chocolate.

We were met by a sour-faced waitress (with a frown that stayed put from start to finish) who gestured towards a table that still had a discarded meal on - I think this was our cue to sit down.

I was still in the process of taking my jacket off when the same waitress appeared and pressed us into an order. We ordered a hot chocolates and club sandwiches. I also asked for a couple of waters which was met with an Olympic-standard tut/eyeroll combo, she even continued to bad-mouth us under her breath as she walked away!

I've never had such rude, passive aggressive treatment from a waitress.

The sandwiches looked like a poor-mans, Breville-toastie (c1980) prepared shambles. You quickly see it's a haven for Chinese tourist parties who believe they're getting the authentic gentrified tea an cake experience. Relieved of 35 euros in the process, we paid up, I smiled sweetly and asked why I never got my water. A shrug from the waitress later and we were back out into the rain.

There are tonnes of awesome places in Bruges (head to Li O Lait or even grab an awesome braadworst from the market instead), just do the right thing, plan ahead and avoid this place.

1  Thank paulyonder
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I went with my family (two adults and two teenagers) and we all liked the breakfast at Prestige, you would not be disappointed. And we all asked for different things, mine was the Prestige Breakfast, tree pastries (many to choose) two eggs (prepare to your choice, and you can add bacon, ham, mushrooms or any two items), and two drinks (juice, tea, chocolate, milk...) the place is calm and very clean, the service very attentive. I would recommend it to a friend and we will go back to Prestige in our next trip.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We popped in here for breakfast. On our last day we had some pocket change and didn't fancy spending a lot but had also had enough of croissants! We both chose the hard boiled eggs with dippy soldiers as it was the cheapest breakfast. The service was brilliant. The staff were very polite, attentive and friendly but for two eggs and 6 cigarette sized soldiers, I felt 8€ was a tad too much!! I mean how much does it cost to boil two eggs?! Disappointed in size of portion. But lovely latte and lovely place.

1  Thank katyvweston
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having stayed the night in Frederick's newly opened wonderful B&B, we were treated to breakfast at his patisserie. Wow! We had the Prestige breakfast of coffee, fruit juice, scrambled egg, 3 x pas try's, a fruit kebab and more coffee. No further food was required for the day, setting us for return to the UK this afternoon.
With regard to price, is it expensive? Some may think so but when we return in March for a day trip, I know exactly where we will eat!
Thank you Frederick for saving us and rounding off a lovely weekend in your beautiful city!