“Fantastic food, what a way to start the day!”

Patisserie Academie
Ranked #1 of 7 Bakeries in Bruges
Cuisines: European, Belgian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Fantastic food, what a way to start the day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This patisserie surpassed our expectations. We had read previous reviews and made a point of searching out this tea room. Read on for spoilers or experience it for yourselves!

We arrived just as other customers were finishing their late breakfasts and we were settling in for a sweet bite. I choose a patisserie from the counter where the I was walked through the wonderful selection on offer, my choice a passion fruit mousse, yum! My partner choose a fresh belgian waffle with a fantastic selection of high quality no expense spared exotic fruits and a creamy ice cream. The home-made hot chocolates were an experience i would love to repeat... hot frothy milk, a delicious dark chocolate stir in, a small fruit cake topped with a oval chocolate thin, a bowl of fresh whipped cream! I would have bought a couple of patisseries for the journey home had it not been such a warm day ;-) I am looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
nottingham
“Truly wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Great looking and tasting cakes, the 'granny' was fantastic. Staff happy to help and guide you in your choice. The price was reasonable, you can also watch see some of the baking taking place. A bench is provided outside to sit and eat them if you can't wait to try them if not find a nice sunny spot by a canal for a little piece of heaven....................

Visited March 2014
San Diego, California
“Devine Dessert in Bruges”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

First off, I'm not sure what the last reviewer was talking about as far it being closed or it not being where it said to be located. It is located on Acadamiestraat as the name suggests, nearly across the street from the Confisserie De Clerck (the cheapest handmade chocolate we bought in all of Belgium). If you have a map of Bruges, you can easily find this place. I have sampled desserts from across the world and these were among the best I have ever sampled (better than extraordinary desserts in San Diego with their French trained chef). After looking at the exquisitely designed desserts in the window, which were very reasonably priced, I wanted to get one of everything. I ended up taking an eclair and a mousse to go. The eclair had this thin chocolate lace covering surrounding it. The mousse came in a glass dish and had a mixture of different, but sumptuous flavors. The only negative is that the place closes at 6:00 PM so you cannot go there after a nice dinner and perhaps this is when the other reviewer went looking for it. I ended up not eating dessert at the restaurant we went to and ate the mousse at home. I woke up at 0300 due to jet lag and ate the eclair at that time. I was ready to jog out and get another one. If we had one more night in Bruges, I would have been back there in a second!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Kenneth M
Staffordshire, UK
“A taste of heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

A hidden gem, so this shop is so small you may go straight past. Don't! We had sorbets on a sunny Sunday afternoon - white cheese and lime - I know! But it was gorgeous; so too was the strawberry sorbet. More please. The cakes looked to die for - didn't try those but wished we had.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank simmo99
Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“Magnificent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Please don't just stop and look into the window! Please don't just wave at the chef! Having recently qualified as a pastry chef with Le Cordon Bleu London i can tell you this place is exactly what you should be looking for in classic patisserie with a modern twist and an eye for artisan detail. The modest handsome chef in the window is indeed an award winner with master level experience. The cakes are not expensive when you take into account the skill level, materials and the quality of not only the pastries but the ingredients. The pastries are delicious, well balanced in texture and flavour and cutting edge in their presentation and you will be received with a warm welcome which is not commonly found in many patisseries. The menu changes seasonally so whenever you choose to visit you will receive the very best! What are you waiting for?

• Visited July 2013