“Don't be fooled”

Dining options: Reservations
Stornoway, United Kingdom
“Don't be fooled”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

It looked quite cosy and inviting, and the board mentioned veggie lasagne, so we thought we'd give it a go as we'd just arrived and were weary. The waiter seemed friendly, but it all went downhill from there...

The lasagne was possibly the blandest thing I've ever eaten. The bread that accompanied it was way more interesting. Even just having some pepper on the table would have helped, but no chance.

Combine this with it being massively over-priced, over-heated, and no paper in the loo, and you probably get the message.

One to avoid.

Visited October 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“The worst food in a long time”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Two of us were looking for a reasonably-priced, light main course and were enticed in by the board outside advertising, amongst other things, spaghetti carbonara and lasagne. We sat down and were given the menu which didn't include these dishes but listed a number of more expensive ones. I queried the absence of the dishes listed on the board outside. I was then brought an additional menu listing what the waiter called "snacks". I ordered the carbonara and my wife had the lasagne. The carbonara turned out to be spaghetti drenched in a tasteless, thin, white sauce. It had very little ham and I couldn't detect any egg. It didn't even seem to be seasoned with black pepper. My wife's lasagne, with very little meat, was only slightly more appetising. The bill, including two 33cl beers, came to just under 30€. We were uneasy when we was presented only with the first menu, but unwisely we stayed. We'll put it down to experience.

• Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“The most unusual fondue I have ever had!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The fondue set at De Bourgondier was absolutely delicious and full of surprises! We had melon, cherry, brie, a lovely selection of meats and some fresh bread to dip in. The sauce itself was made of several different cheeses - old and new - and herbs. It was an absolute treat! The waitress was attentive and friendly and we had a bit of banter with her which was great - she made us feel very welcome and relaxed! I would absolutely recommend this restaurant and will definitely be visiting it again when I return to Bruges.

• Visited July 2013
Devon, UK
“Fabulous fondue and meals”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'm shocked to see negative reviews! We found this place quite by chance. We were served by the chef as it was a quiet day. The food was excellent, the fondue was my first however I felt it was delicious and would 100% stop at this venue again should I be travelling through Brugge. The salad/fruit/cheese platter with the fondue was excellent! We also had good quality fish specialities, a kebab-style dish which contained more meat than a carnivore could consume. The asparagus was not perfect but still good. Delicious bread, either baked on premises or an excellent baker!

• Visited June 2013
Waldorf, MD
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had the cheese fondue, it was amazing and was served with a big basket of homemade brown bread and a large platter of fruit, meat, and cheese. It was so good we could not stop eating. They have a nice little fireplace in the center for ambience and the dining area is cleanly and brightly decorated. I will come here whenever I visit Brugge.

• Visited June 2013