“Rib busting, Rib-tastic night out. ”
Review of Ribs 'n Beer

Ribs 'n Beer
Ranked #22 of 788 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A friendly, privately run restaurant, close to the centre of Bruges. Specialising in a volonte (all you can eat) spare ribs which can be ordered succulently slow-cooked or tradional barbequed for that extra bite! Other specialities on our menu include fajitas, as well as excellent T-Bone and Rib-eye steaks. All this can be washed down with some of the regions finest beers.
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

We'd reserved by email before we arrived in Brugge which was all very easy to do. Having seen TripAdvisor reviews. This restaurant is about 10 minutes easy walk from the Market Square. As the name suggests the house speciality is ribs and beer. The beer menu is very good and it was easy to try a selection. We opted for slow cooked ribs, with a smokey bbq sauce and a chocolate and beer sauce. The rib racks are served with potato wedges and coleslaw. The ribs just fell apart and were beautifully cooked. A pot for bones was provided as we ate our way through the first racks. The bbq sauce was smokey and tangy, and the chocolate beer was rich, dark and savoury (the chocolate hint is subtle and is the aroma of chocolate, rather than a full on hit). We polished off a rack of ribs each and were immediately served with more (we had the option to try another flavour). Again the ribs were just as good. They are meaty and juicy, some of the best we've had. Another serving of ribs followed, by which point we had eaten far too much! The decor is rustic and comfortable, and we really appreciated the 80s/90s rock soundtrack in the background (made a nice change from Christmas music). Staff were helpful, friendly, polite and cheerful. We would definitely go back when next in Brugge and would recommend to others. Top tip, plan your visit, don't eat too much beforehand and plan for a nice stroll through the streets of Brugge afterwards, you'll feel much more comfortable after eating those delicious ribs.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,331)

Reviewed December 4, 2017

We booked a table here for 4 people and we were glad we did - it was packed and we know why! The ribs were fall off the bone tender and succulent, I tried the traditional (pick up with your fingers) ribs and to be honest the rub was a tad too salty for me but then I tried the slow cooked with chocolate sauce and OMG they were wonderful with just a hint of chocolate which actually worked with the pork. The waitress we had was super efficient and friendly and we honestly couldn't fault a thing. A "must do" place when you go to Bruges.

1  Thank Digidiverdeb
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

All you can eat ribs....and I don't mean finish your plate and then ask for more...before I was halfway through my first rack...the waitress was already asking me if I wanted to try more!

The food was excellent. You can try any of the types of ribs. And there is lots of it!

Prices are very reasonable and on Monday they do all you can eat ribs with a beer for 20 Euro. Amazing value.

We decided not to do the deal...As we wanted a different beer that wasn't included in the offer. But it was still really good value.

I recommend you book. I did see people bring turned away who hadn't booked.

If you are a rib lover or in Bruges for a few nights...then this place is worth a trip.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

We booked our table from the UK before our visit. We had been tasting the fantastic beers all day before our meal so I cannot go into detail as it's a bit of a blur!

However, the food was excellent - we had ribs! And more beer!

Clearly a popular restaurant which served great food, at a reasonable price!

A nice clean and pleasant restaurant! I would recommend it!

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Amazing! We were lucky to get a table for our 3rd night - anything earlier was booked up. Great service, great staff and the food just kept coming. Literally the meat melted in the mouth and fell off the bone. You can also choose your flavour of coating. Also great beer. All at such good value- no wonder it's fully booked the majority of the time! Book ahead and enjoy :)