“DO NOT BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS!”
Review of Ribs 'n Beer

Ribs 'n Beer
Ranked #14 of 734 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A friendly, privately run restaurant, close to the centre of Bruges. Specialising in a volonte (all you can eat) spare ribs which can be ordered succulently slow-cooked or tradional barbequed for that extra bite! Other specialities on our menu include fajitas, as well as excellent T-Bone and Rib-eye steaks. All this can be washed down with some of the regions finest beers.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Seriously. People love to complain, don't believe any negatives. This restaurant is THE BEST at what it does. Obviously, the clue is in the title. If you want fine dining, don't go to a restaurant called Ribs 'n' Beer. However, if you want great value, and THE BEST ribs you will ever taste in your life, then pay them a visit. I am going back to Bruges later this year to go back to this restaurant. I wish there was something to match it in Essex, although I'd be huge if there was, as I'd be there all the time!!!

If you order their ribs, they are all you can eat for 18 Euros. you order your first rack, then every time you re-order, they bring them out by the half rack. They have a small range of sauces and marinades, such as spicy BBQ, smokey BBQ, chef's special rub and my favourite, chocolate and beer.

One final tip if you visit, make sure you walk or take a cab. The beer is VERY strong, all around 11%, so if you want to enjoy your visit, you won't be walking in a straight line when you get out of there!

1  Thank Nina P
There are newer reviews for Ribs 'n Beer

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Myself & my partner were staying in Bruges for a few days. After looking on trip advisor for places to eat we came across ribs n beer which was well rated.
Although our booking was earlier in the evening than we had hoped, we were looking forward to our meal based on the write ups & feedback. Not disappointed at all. The staff were helpful, friendly & the ribs (& beer) were great. Many thanks to you guys, best meal we had in town.

1  Thank Warren C
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Some great tasting - and all you can eat - ribs, with some excellent beer to wash it done.

I've eaten a lot of ribs in my time, and these were up there with the best. Not necessarily the meatiest ever - but certainly still a lot on the bone - but very tasty, and the staff were very attentive at asking if I'd had enough (which of course I hadn't!).

Friendly atmosphere, certainly worth a visit.

1  Thank bagman6089
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A bit out of town (10 minutes walk from the Markt area) but worth it if you're hungry. A simple menu of ribs, steak or fajitas but huge portions, be warned! Loads of beers to choose from, some of which are over 11% strength but reasonably priced. We had the nachos to start which would have been enough to be honest and then the "all you can eat ribs" which were great and if you want more just ask. Service was good and the atmosphere was buzzing.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We found this restaurant very dark and noisy with TV's playing football and constant music. The ribs were very salty indeed and even though they say its an "all you can eat" event on the ribs, when we had additional ribs, they charged us for them. Our steaks were OK but quite dry and the chips were bland.

1  Thank John G
peter L, Owner at Ribs 'n Beer, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Normally, I don't react to the reviews. People have different tastes, so what is realy nice to one can be realy salty for someone else on the same eveving.
But when is said that we charge extra for the all you can eat ribs, then I have to react.
Because this is not true. Our ribs are unlimited and all the seconds, thirds etc are aswell.
As far as I can see 2 things might have happened.
1. On our till we give in for the kitchen that there is a refill. On this note is written, how many and what sauce and for which table. When the final bill is printed, the amount of refills show up on the bill, but with a zero next to it, as we don't charge them.
2. Or we have by accident pressed on the normal ribs which we do charge, but then again Sir, there would be a difference of 18€ and I am sure that you would have noticed that. Even in the kitchen there is a different place to put the refill tickets. So even there they would have noticed that this was wrong and this ticket would be a first order instead of a refill. It is a pitty you did not react on the spot and asked for explanation.
If this last option would be the case, then please mail me a copy of the bill and give me your bank details, so I can return you this 18€. If you are still in Brugge, please feel free to drop in tonight with the bill and we will pay you back the difference.
WE DO SERVE OUR RIBS UNLIMITED AND WE DO NOT CHARGE EXTRA. I do take this very highly.