“Best You Can Get!”

Ribs 'n Beer
Ranked #13 of 713 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A friendly, privately run restaurant, close to the centre of Bruges. Specialising in a volonte (all you can eat) spare ribs which can be ordered succulently slow-cooked or tradional barbequed for that extra bite! Other specialities on our menu include fajitas, as well as excellent T-Bone and Rib-eye steaks. All this can be washed down with some of the regions finest beers.
Bel Air, Md
“Best You Can Get!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had read about Ribs 'n Beer on TA and promptly made my online reservation...definately needed as this is a small place and very crowded and popular. It's a bit outside the most populated area, so bring your map! Our reservation was for 6:30, and by about 7, they were turning people away! We were waited on either by the owner or his son. They were both nice, prompt and even cracked a few jokes. The ribs were to DIE for! My daughter and I had traditional smoky barbecue and hubby had the beer/chocolate sauce..a bit sweet for my tastes, but very good. They start you with what looks like a whole rack, then provide 1/2 racks more as requested. You can mix and match sauces as you go. Meat was served with potatoes that were hot and scrumptious. For 3 meals with about 4 beers, water and a soft drink, the bill was about 78 euro. Not too bad for all you can eat in a tourist area...the quality of the food makes the price well worth it. If you are not into ribs, there were other menu options..I saw a plate of nachos that looked very good. Make Ribs 'n Beer one of your special dinners in Bruges!

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Best Ribs Outside of the USA!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm not normally a one for ribs, usually because in England they are terrible. Even Chinese spare ribs are dreadful. So, you can imagine my reaction when my boyfriend said he wanted to eat at Ribs 'n Beer on our recent trip to Bruges.

However, I have to say that hands down, they were the nicest ribs I have eaten outside of the USA (which I feel is the one country in the world that excels at cooking ribs). The restaurant is only small, located about a 10 minute walk from the main square in Bruges. My boyfriend and I were very lucky to get a table, even on a Monday night. If you plan on visiting Ribs n' Beer, I highly recommend that you book ahead. There is an extensive menu of pork and beef products but myself and the boyfriend were only interested in one thing... Ribs and beer!!

I tried ribs marinated in chocolate and beer, which to some might seem very rich and quite peculiar, but they were delicious. The meat just fell off the bone... Remembering how good they were is making me salivate slightly. The boyfriend stuck to good ol' fashioned BBQ ribs which he later had a second helping. He's not greedy, I may have forgot to mention that the ribs are all you can eat.

The beer was great, the food was good value for money and the service was great too. If you're a fan of pork and beer, this place is for you!

Ghent, Belgium
“Ravishing ribs”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you wanna eat ribs in Bruges, come to this place. They have without a doubt the best ribs in the area, I would even say in Flanders. There's a great lively atmosphere in this cozy little restaurant, and the staff is friendly and welcoming. Good value for money too.

• Visited July 2013
London
“Great Ribs & Beer :-)”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having read the previous reviews here we thought we'd try it out and we loved it! Got to Bruges late, mix up with our hotel reservation in Ghent, so we were grumpy and hungry!

The restaurant is small, welcoming with a great atmosphere. The Ribs are truly delicious. The beer fantastic. Great food, Good value. Not to be missed.

Southampton
“Best ribs EVER”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here on the off chance that there would be a table free as we had not booked and lucky us there was. We had read the reviews of this restaurant and couldn't wait to try the ribs. Oh my - we have never ever tasted ribs soooo good. We had the slow cooked ribs and tried all three favours as we chose the "all you can eat option". Hub ate too many as they were so good so needless to say we skipped the puds and went back to the hotel for a lie down.