“Great Ribs & Beer :-)”

Ribs 'n Beer
Ranked #12 of 749 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A friendly, privately run restaurant, close to the centre of Bruges. Specialising in a volonte (all you can eat) spare ribs which can be ordered succulently slow-cooked or tradional barbequed for that extra bite! Other specialities on our menu include fajitas, as well as excellent T-Bone and Rib-eye steaks. All this can be washed down with some of the regions finest beers.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having read the previous reviews here we thought we'd try it out and we loved it! Got to Bruges late, mix up with our hotel reservation in Ghent, so we were grumpy and hungry!

The restaurant is small, welcoming with a great atmosphere. The Ribs are truly delicious. The beer fantastic. Great food, Good value. Not to be missed.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,954)

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here on the off chance that there would be a table free as we had not booked and lucky us there was. We had read the reviews of this restaurant and couldn't wait to try the ribs. Oh my - we have never ever tasted ribs soooo good. We had the slow cooked ribs and tried all three favours as we chose the "all you can eat option". Hub ate too many as they were so good so needless to say we skipped the puds and went back to the hotel for a lie down.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant! The atmosphere, service and food were really excellent. The staff were attentive, quick, clear with their advice and made the whole experience great. You do need to book ahead. We ate here twice, once on a Friday and then a Sunday and both days they were turning away people who hadn't booked.
The ribs are 'all you can eat' so no need for a starter. We learned the hard way - we had a plate of nachos to share (just the best ever with lashings of cheese sauce, sour cream, chillie, salsa, guacamole etc). The beers reasonably priced compared to more central restaurants and the walk to the restaurant was pleasant.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went to this place at around 9:45pm on Monday night as we were starving after arriving in Bruges quite late in the evening. Little did we now Belgians tend to eat early and the kitchen is supposed to shut at 10pm! The staff however very kindly left the kitchen open until 10:30 for us as we only wanted to all you can eat ribs. You get a huge rack of ribs, chips and salad, with a beer for 17euros. The ribs are then topped up as you go along. I, however, could only stomach the one rack, much to my disappointment. The men managed another rack but struggled! The ribs themselves are delicious, very tasty and come with 3 choices of glaze, bbq, spicy bbq, and chocolate (I think :\) although I didn't try this one. The spicy ones are very hot so I would suggest the plain bbq unless you are into a LOT of het. I love spicy food but even I was struggling by the end of the rack.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who loves ribs, the other food, obviously, I can't comment on, but why on earth would you go to a place called Ribs n Beer, and not eat ribs?
Great staff too.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

While the boyfriend is crazy about the ribs in 4 different excellent tastes, I surely recommend the fajitas as a non-rib eater.
Wether you are Belgian or a tourist, if you want to try real ribs, this is the place!

1  Thank flipperke78