“Selling fixed price all you can eat Ribs and Fajitas, the place does exactly what it says it does - and well.”
Review of Ribs 'n Beer

Ribs 'n Beer
Ranked #18 of 766 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A friendly, privately run restaurant, close to the centre of Bruges. Specialising in a volonte (all you can eat) spare ribs which can be ordered succulently slow-cooked or tradional barbequed for that extra bite! Other specialities on our menu include fajitas, as well as excellent T-Bone and Rib-eye steaks. All this can be washed down with some of the regions finest beers.
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We attended on Monday 18 Feb. telephoning prior to book a table, with the earliest sitting being 20:45. Seated next to an open living flame fire, albeit gas, the restaurant was full. It wouldn't take a lot to fill the place, as its rather small. It adds to the atmosphere.

€18 for the eat as much as you like ribs or fajita menu. My wife, teenage daughter and I went for this, with my daughter having the Fajitas and my wife and I the ribs. For €25, they offer a croquette starter, the ribs or fajita main, plus a dessert or Irish coffee. For Bruges, that's excellent value.

Two waiters, both attentive and offering speed of service, despite the fullness of the restaurant.

The ribs were delivered and must have been a foot long. Spicy barbecue for me. The ribs were meaty and excellent. My wife had the traditional barbecue coating. Slow cooked ribs, for 7hrs apparently, making the meat tender.

The fajitas comprised three tortilla wraps, plus a bowl of chicken and peppers, with chilli, guacamole and accompanying sauces in little bowls. There was so much chicken and pepper, that more tortilla were requested. More meat was offered, but unnecessary. Someone with a bigger appetite could really go to town.

I was offered more ribs, this time asking for the chocolate and beer sauce. Whilst very good, I preferred the spicy sauce. The chocolate and beer sauce perhaps too sickly for my personal liking. A smaller portion served on 'seconds', which I guess is only right.

We were stuffed, but the waiter offered more. We declined. He insisted. This time I asked for a very small portion of the ribs with the house dry rub mix. The waiter warned me not to expect the meat to be as tender, as this was not slow cooked. Instead, barbecued from raw. It was still ok, but admittedly not as tender as the other two had been. But excellent service from the waiter in at least explaining this beforehand.

No dessert or starters. Ribs served with frites (chips). Drinks of beers, Coke and a litre bottle of water (expensive at €5) and the bill totalled just shy of €70.

Certainly not fine dining, but the ribs were excellent if you're into that type of thing. It does exactly what it says it will. The restaurant doesn't attempt to promote itself as anything different, so overall 5/5.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,136)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a wonderful experience, but book before you go as my wife and I saw too many people turned away.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Visited Ribs 'n Beer on the recommendations of TripAdvisor and it lived up to expectations. We booked the evening before to guarantee a table. It was full the Tuesday evening we visited so I would recommend booking whenever you go.

My girlfriend and I both ordered the All you can eat Ribs - trying the Chocolate and Beer sauce, and the Smokey Barbecue Sauce. The rib portions were huge, and lip-smackingly delicious. I also tried the Spicy Barbecue sauce ribs afterwards. All three were good, however the Smokey BBQ was my favourite. Unfortunately we were too full to try the Chefs Special ribs but I'm sure they would have been excellent. The beer on tap, Maes was one of my favourites in Bruges too.

A great atmosphere, attentive and friendly waiters, and great value for money. The best restaurant we visited in Bruges, and one of the best restaurants anywhere!

1  Thank coconut-peter
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Second night in Bruges and a visit to Ribs and Beer. Tasty rack of ribs consumed and here comes the waiter. Do I want another one! Having struggled to finish the first there was no chance of me eating another. He informs me that people eat 8 racks!! Not a chance I could. Good fun and great value.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The best ribs in town! Our party decided to buy 1 different tasting set of ribs for each person yet we were not expecting the monster size of ribs we got! At least 10 ribs per person so that makes 40 ribs altogether! But still it is a great restaurant!

1  Thank Dannyboy1333