“Brilliant indian in centre of Brugge!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Reserve with
Taj Mahal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #239 of 707 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve chicken,lamb,prawns and vegetarian dishes. We also serve vegan dishes but please ask to our waitress please.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant indian in centre of Brugge!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is very nice and cosy inside with modern and stylish decor. The food was excellent along with the service and price. Plenty of local beers available to accompany the vast menu it has to offer. I would definately visit again!!

2 Thank SupaAmar

Blackwood, United Kingdom
“Over-priced standard indian fare, but good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Maybe I'm used to the lovely curry houses in Cardiff and Birmingham, but this was seriously lacking and for the money was a disappointment. Cumin seed infused poppadoms were fine, but the mint sauce was lumpy and they'd added a chili of some kind to it, which was a bit strange.

I had my usual tandoori dish, which came out sizzling, but the chicken clearly hadn't been marinated as it was a bit insipid looking and not as flavoursome as you'd expect from a tandoori dish. It came with a sauce that was bland and no lemon squeezer... I know this is a small point, but I don't particularly want to have to squeeze lemon with my hands. Again, the strange mint sauce. My boyfriend said that the madras was nice enough, but nothing special.

All the above would be fine, there are lots of 'just okay' curry houses, but their prices were really high and the food didn't justify it, (just over 50 Euros for poppodoms, two mains and a drink each). I was expecting something quite special but it was a disappointment.

I've given three stars overall however as they seemed to be nice people and provided a good service. Toilets were clean, etc.

• Visited December 2013
Uckfield, United Kingdom
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Food here was ok. Rice, chicken and onion bhaji we had were all very nice but the main dishes tasted really bland and had very little flavour. Also toilets were a joke. Things hanging off walls, dirty, and kitchen roll on basin to wipe hands on. I know you go for food not toilets but they really were bad. One party of 4 actually walked out without ordering after seeing them.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Anon129876
Lincoln
“Could have been better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Oh dear, where shall I start, we called in here on a Wednesday night and it was 1/2 full, only one waiter on and the service was slow. We had poppadoms to start with and they were greasy and the dips, well we tried them once then ate the poppadoms on their own, our starters were ok but no slice of lemon so I used mine from my coke, our main course was bad. My husband had tandoori chicken, and it was only just cooked, I think it could have done with another 1/2 hour. He said it was really fatty and not much meat, big bowl of stogy rice, well over cooked, and we ordered naan bread and that was not cooked at all. We left most of that and there was a think later of grease on it aswell. I had chicken bhuna and it was horrid. If you like Indian food as we do please avoid this restaurant at all costs.

Paddock Wood, United Kingdom
“Good quality Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is our favourite Indian restaurant in Brugge and we have always had good quality food there. Our meal started with poppadom and two chutneys. I then had a portion of Tandoori chicken and my husband had an excellent beef dish accompanied by a half portion of bombay potato. Rice was included in the price of the curry. We also had a Nan which was not at all stodgy as they can be in England. The atmosphere was great and and we had no complaints about the service.

• Visited November 2013